Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Chorus in Charlie Brown

Posted 07-10-2018 19:17
    Hello all, 

If any of you have added chorus members to You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, could you post how you did so?  

And assuming you asked TAMS if you could do so, did it take much convincing?

Thanks,
    Chris

Bancroft School
    110 Shore Dr, Worcester, MA 01605
    T: 508-853-2640 | F: 508-853-7824
    www.bancroftschool.org

• 2.  RE: Chorus in Charlie Brown

Posted 07-11-2018 03:56
    Good morning,

I recall the three time I lit the show that we added a chorus. I am not aware, but believe that Tams may have been involved. We didn't modify the script in any way, nor did we add any business. We just had extra voices for the numbers and it allowed us to cast more people.

------------------------------
    Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 3.  RE: Chorus in Charlie Brown

Posted 07-11-2018 12:05
    Every time I did the show, I added an ensemble. Since nothing was changed in the script, I didn't feel that Tams needed to be involved. They were in the opening number, the baseball game, the "Home on the Range" scene, and Happiness for sure. I may have added onlookers to cross/listen/respond some other times.  It worked really well!

Jacquelyn Thompson-Mercer
    Bakersfield High School (30 year retiree!)
    Bakersfield CA

• 4.  RE: Chorus in Charlie Brown

Posted 07-11-2018 13:31
    Our music department did the show this past spring. I inquired about the addition of a chorus to Tams-Witmark. The response I got said:

"You are permitted to have additional chorus members as long as no speaking roles or character names are given."

Hope this helps!

Jennifer Vernon
    Troupe Director of Troupe #7120
    Piggott High School
    Piggott, AR

• 5.  RE: Chorus in Charlie Brown

Posted 07-11-2018 13:34
    The very first musical I ever directed was SNOOPY! and the cast is tiny. We added a chorus, they didn't have any lines and only sang with the group, so I did not ask permission.  

This e-mail is for the sole use of the individual for whom it is intended. If you are neither the intended recipient, nor agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure, re-transmission, copying, or reliance on the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the person transmitting the correspondence immediately. All e-mail correspondence to and from this email may be subject to disclosure to any third party upon request, including the media. It shall not be necessary to disclose: 1) E-mail correspondence which does not constitute a Public Record as defined under N.C.G.S. §132.1 or; 2) a public record which is exempt from disclosure under other applicable State or Federal law.

• 6.  RE: Chorus in Charlie Brown

Posted 07-12-2018 11:06
    Jennifer got it exactly right! You are welcome to include a chorus of any size in YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN and/or SNOOPY!!!, provided that no speaking roles are added or character names given. Though many productions stick to just six actors, many others prefer to flesh out the show with an ensemble... it all depends on the size of your venue and your program. Happiness is making great musical theatre!

Jim Colleran
    Tams-Witmark
    New York, NY
    www.tamswitmark.com

• 7.  RE: Chorus in Charlie Brown

Posted 07-13-2018 14:08
    I have to look through my script to see where I blocked in other non-speaking roles, but off the top of my head, we had a whole stage of chorus dancing with a blanket, all kids in opening scene at bus stop, in general, every time someone came in that they didn’t have to be alone, two others came in with them, like when Sally comes in with her hanger project, two others entered with her and left as song began, many in chasing rabbits, b-ball game, glee club. I believe you can dress like the other CB characters without naming them so it is fun for your audience to try to figure out some other characters who are in program but listed as ensemble. Pig pen, Marcy, red headed girl, Shermy, Woodstock who can always be near snoopy, even during his song fun to watch him try to dance along in Suppertime & as red Baren, little kids as birds during snoopy’s song is cute, definitely at the end, walking in sporadically during Last song, so emotional. I’ll check my script and report back more.

Maria Stadtmueller

Sent from my iPhone