Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cast and Crew Information Collection

Posted 01-29-2022 19:46
    Hello everyone!

I am looking into the various different ways in which cast and crew information is collected. Currently, we are using Google Forms for each separate form, however, the organizational side is not as neat as we would like it. Does anyone use or know of a cloud-based SAAS (software as a service) that handles this information for them? We are primarily looking for a free solution since it would only be used twice a year.

Any input or ideas would be appreciated!

------------------------------
    Luka

• 2.  RE: Cast and Crew Information Collection

Posted 01-30-2022 10:45
    Luka, I agree with you.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good answer to share just yet. We also collect our information using a Google form, and we've gotten more sophisticated over the years using the question navigation tools of the form to direct students only to those questions which apply to them, but the resulting spreadsheet isn't always helpful since it involves so much scrolling, etc.

I feel like there might be some app add-ons or extensions which might allow the results in the Google spreadsheet to be displayed in a different manner after the form is closed, but I haven't looked at those. If I find out anything, I will be sure to post it here.

Julie

Julie Hanisch
    English/Drama Teacher
    Mukwonago High School
    WI

• 3.  RE: Cast and Crew Information Collection

Posted 01-30-2022 15:09
    I'm pretty sure that with Google Forms you can create a single Google Spreadsheet that can be linked to other google forms - so keeping everything in the same spreadsheet can last over many years...in terms of data collection, spreadsheets like excel and google sheets are really a useful (and usually free) tool.

Joan Jubett
    (she/her)
    Director of High School Fall Play and Spring Festival of Plays
    High School Theater Teacher
    LREI
    New York, NY