Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Making Something Fall - Help!

Posted 10-03-2022 09:43
    Hello All, 

I hoping one of you can help me, my theater company, The Masque of La Salle (all student run), is putting on a production of Drop Dead! as our fall show. In this show, there are 2 stunts that have to happen; a sandbag and a light are supposed to fall on stage. The issue is, we do not have a catwalk above our stage in our theater. We do have rails that hold our lights and legs. 

Any ideas on how to do this safely? 

Also, does anyone know where to find breakaway bottles that aren't 20$ a pop?
    Thanks! 

Mercury 
    VP of Technical Affairs 
    Masque of La Salle

------------------------------
    Dan Rodden

• 2.  RE: Making Something Fall - Help!

Posted 10-04-2022 03:42

Good morning from Portugal!

Following, as I also need help with this. :)

Marta Carvalho
    Drama Director
    Carlucci American International School of Lisbon, Portugal

• 3.  RE: Making Something Fall - Help!

Posted 10-04-2022 07:31

Yes, I also need help making something fall with no fly space! On a related note, any suggestions for the best way to create a small table that collapses on demand to spill its contents would be great.

Thank you,

Laura

Laura Butchy
    BASIS Independent McLean
    VA

• 4.  RE: Making Something Fall - Help!

Posted 10-05-2022 21:11
    Are you directing ShakesPLOSION? I just closed that show. A friend built my table to take something off my lengthy to-do list. The table looked "normal" but had hinges on two of the legs so that with gentle pressure, an actress could cause the legs to collapse. That left two legs still straight and two legs on the stage floor. The table top was then slanted from the two straight legs down to the stage floor. Easy collapsible table. Let me know if you need more information.

Ann

Sent from my iPad