Home

Browse the Community

• Discussion

Hi Carla, Our middle school did Grease about seven years ago (not sure how different the pricing was then). I think we essentially broke even, as it was a big hit with audiences and that covered the higher-than-MTI-Jr-prices. The kids loved doing it, and we did discuss the issues frequently. We also read more

• RE: One act plays female cast

Discussion

Ladies of the Tower is good, I'm not sure how many it has, but it's all women. ------------------------------ Katie Newbanks Drama Teacher Bernardo Heights Middle School CA ------------------------------

• "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" was our spring production, and it was very successful. It's a beautiful story, and although I didn't end up having any actors missing performances due to COVID, the double-casting built into the show gave me some peace of mind. I have a set of Edward doll props read more

• Discussion

Each October the school has a special day for the senior class that involves, among other things, a performance by my Advanced Drama class. The past two times we have performed How to Screw Up Your College Interview, which has gone very well. I am more than willing to perform it again next year but wanted read more

• Discussion

James, what is the name of your book? I'd love to see it, too.Elisabeth LedwellFalmouth Academy

• Discussion

Hi Carla, Back in the fall of 2019, we did a really fun show with my middle school drama students and one of the choir classes (a lot of my drama kids were also in that class) called "Don't Say No to the U.S.O." This is the one-act version of "Kilroy Was Here." My choir co-worker can be a bit of a "music" read more

• We need a Theatre Teacher!!

Discussion

Lipscomb Academy in Nashville, TN. needs a HS Theatre Teacher!! This is a private Christian school that is right in the heart of amazing Nashville!! If you love Jesus and directing "conservative" Theatre, please go online and apply today!! The job can be part time or fulltime! We are on Lipscomb University's read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• EdTA Professional Learning Webinar: Teaching Theatre to Students on the Spectrum

As of 2021, the CDC says one in 44 children are on the Autism Spectrum, so chances are several are going to end up in your drama class! Each person who has ASD has challenges in similar areas, but each is also unique. This on-demand training will help drama teachers identify what areas their actors on the spectrum need support with, along with ideas of how to appropriately offer that support. In addition, we will explore how to build an inclusive acting ensemble where everyone is valued and appreciated for their creativity and unique contributions.

• Connect with the EdTA Board: Open Meeting This Wednesday

As part of its commitment to open communication with members, EdTA’s board of directors is hosting a series of listening sessions. The last session of this school year is Wednesday, May 4 at 8 p.m. ET., and is open to any topics members wish to discuss. This is your chance to connect with the board! Sign up now and you'll receive a link for the meeting via email.

The listening session series is hosted by Duranleau-Brennan, vice president Krista Carson Elhai, and board director Erin Carr.

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.