Home

Browse the Community

• RE: Hiring is hard

Discussion

From my own experience on both coasts, I agree with Elizabeth and Jerry. However, even having a degree doesn't assure that you know your material. A theatre I worked with some years ago hired two grads of a "technical theatre program" at a local two-year college to work in the scene shop. To make a read more

• Hey hive mind, Our production is co-curricular this year, so we've been using most of our class time the last few weeks learning music and exploring character and staging. The show is in January, but I need to give the class some kind of formal assessment for mid-terms this month. In past years when read more

• Wonderland

Discussion

Has anyone had success in finding/getting the rights to Wonderland? I have emailed Frank Wildhorn's website a couple of times but no answer. I would love to try to nail it down for next spring. I have to plan really early - and I like to know what I am doing for the following school year in January. read more

• Hi everyone! I am directing a production of "She Kills Monsters" at Lowell High School, and am in need of fight choreography. I was a certified actor combatant 15 years ago, so I'm not quite up to snuff at the moment, and I'm having a really difficult time with my general search online. Does anyone read more

• I am looking at She Kills Monsters YA Edition for my Spring Play. What are the pros and cons? ------------------------------ Michael Stofko Teacher Holy Redeemer High School PA ------------------------------

• RE: Upper level Courses

Discussion

Blake, You say you have a production class in the spring. I did the same at Asheville High School, but our production class was students in Theatre III, Theatre IV, and Play Production, all Honors level classes. On alternate years, a Musical Theatre class was offered that same class period, taught by read more

• RE: Hiring is hard

Discussion

If your applicant doesn't need to have a B.A. or above, you might reach out to San Jose City College. They have a Theatre Arts A.A. and transfer program, and it looks like the students get practical experience working on productions there. ------------------------------ CJ Breland Retired Theatre Arts read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• EdTA Professional Learning Webinar – Creative Chaos: Student Voice & Choice in the Theatre Classroom

In this webinar, presenter Jessica Shaw explores multiple theatre projects that emphasize student voice and choice while aligning to national standards. These projects are designed to be flexible, easily adaptable to any teaching environment and theatre program. Attendees will receive curriculum resources and an overview of the process for developing student-centered project-based curriculum.

EdTA Professional Learning Webinars are free for EdTA members.

• Important Arts Survey

The Educational Theatre Association is collaborating with The National Association for Music Education (NAfME) , the NAMM Foundation,  the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO), and the National Art Education Association (NAEA) to collect data about the use of federal funds to support theatre, dance, music, media arts and visual arts in K-12 education. The hope is to gather district and/or state level responses from all fifty states, so that our organizations can illuminate the amazing work our educators do every day.  We would love to be able to share success stories in our communications, share best practices with our members about how to access these funds, and include the information in our advocacy materials.  The survey will take you about 20 minutes, and for some questions, may require that you reach out to whomever oversees federal programs and funding in your district.  These may be among the most important 20 minutes you spend in the next few days, helping us capture the power of data to advocate for theatre education.   Please take a few moments to help.  
      The survey can be accessed here:  

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XZ8FV8W

The suvey closes soon- it only remains open until  DECEMBER 2nd 

Thank you for participating and spreading the word!

Cory Wilkerson, Education Director 

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.