Home

Browse the Community

• Hi, Matthew. This was a fun thread! As you probably read, I wrote a play called Alma Mater to try to check various boxes. It was a huge success. Imagine Dogberry or Michael Scott as the principal of a rural high school facing closure. It's available for production. Let me know if you'd like a free read more

• Thespian Star Stickers?

Discussion

I may have missed an earlier post, but double checking. I have always given the 10 point Thespian Star Stickers as part of our Troupe Celebrations and honors. This year I went order more stars and find those "10 point" stickers are not on the website. Just Honor Thespian stickers and for Officer positions. read more

• RE: BACKStage Challenge Sign Up

Discussion

Hi Taelor - Troupes were able to pre-register one team of four with their ITF registration. That date has passed, but never fear! We'll be taking on-site registrations on Sunday (from 7:30-9 pm) and Monday (from 9 am to 3 pm) in the Georgian Room of the IMU. Teams of four can register then and get read more

• Hi K Lang, I know this thread is from 3 years ago, but your initial message resonated with me so strongly. Our theatre department is also growing, and now has a bunch of talented young women (and even a growing number of talented young men!). I, too, am looking for both comedies and dramas with literary read more

• RE: Senior gift ideas

Discussion

mega combo wrench for Stage Light Techs!https://www.amazon.com/Source-Mega-Combo-Wrench-Orange/dp/B00KCUUYWW/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2EQRB0JT9834T&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.7_u-8BgRyDrRNogRqezscOQLCQcwG8woCNWx2hAi9oPzHR6d9vSAAz9IBAcYDdceWB5haV6NFPdwueWn6le-zJoU6rFeiKTeb46pXEBb3ko.m5Y7HaaHVPl1OUPKGmQ8npFiCMKpATRnpPhe read more

• RE: Teach Education

Discussion

Before you start shopping for degree programs, I suggest you check the certification requirements for the state where you plan to teach. The requirements differ widely, and you cannot assume reciprocity between licensing agencies in different states. Some states make it very difficult to become certified read more

• Discussion

John, This sounds like a wonderful opportunity for students. I don't think you should view the educators' lack of response to mean they don't see its value. It is not clear to me what you are asking of educators though. I notice all the performances are nights and weekends.. are you asking educators read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• Another Summer Opportunity

EdTA n partnership with the member organizations of the National Coalition for Arts Standards (NCAS) are seeking educators to participate in Phase 2 of “Creating A Community For All Learners- Reimagining Standards-based Arts Education for Equity & Inclusion".  Participants will be asked to attend a two hour virtual training  in August 2024, then revise and pilot a lesson plan of their choosing based on guidance for culturally responsive teaching and standards.  They will provide NCAS with the final revised lesson plan and a reflection on the process.  There will be a $600.00 honorarium for chosen educators.  A sample lesson plan is required to apply.   

To apply please click on this link.

This project is supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts.

National Endowment for the Arts grant logo.

• Earn $350 by Joining the EdTA Summer Intensive!

The Educational Theatre Association is thrilled to launch our 2024 summer intensive: The Heart of the Lesson Plan. We are seeking theatre educators interested in participating in this summer project based on a study of the book Unearthing Joy: A Guide to Culturally and Historically Responsive Teaching and Learning by Dr. Gholdy Muhammad (Scholastic 2023).  Learn more.  Questions?  Contact Cory Wilkerson at: cwilkerson@schooltheatre.org

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.