Home

Browse the Community

• Kyle, apologies for missing your response on sharing my school email with you and my request for Alma Mater. Thank you, Kyle. Bill Dawson dawsonw@waterlooschools.org ------------------------------ William Dawson Professional Speech and Theatre Educator, Director ------------------------------

• Discussion

I'm looking to find the "just right" play for my middle schoolers next year. Something with a flexible sized cast (we don't make cuts, and can have anything between 12 and 30, though most likely around 20). To balance our season (musical is going to be Rock of Ages), I'm looking for a more serious show. read more

• Discussion

Middle School Theatre Posiiton open in Hobbs, NM (southeast NM, 5 miles from the Texas border). We also have a Middle School Choir Position open! https://hobbsschools.net/ Click on the link to apply!! ------------------------------ Summer Rickman Hobbs High School NM ------------------------------

• Found this review of "TIMES SQUARE" with quotes from cast about creating new characters, January 2024. Congratulations! (And yes, I am eager to read the script! eve@mortmelt.com) Times Square, A World Premiere Play | Adirondack Arts & Entertainment Adirondack Arts & Entertainment remove preview read more

• RE: Tuck Everlasting

Discussion

There is also a non-musical version with a flexible cast of up to 20, at Stage Partners. I'd be more inclined to go in that direction, myself. ------------------------------ Josh Kauffman Teacher, Thespian Society/Drama Club sponsor Winfield City Schools Winfield, AL ------------------------------

• RE: Tuck Everlasting

Discussion

I did Tuck Everlasting last year. Our female actors really enjoyed the show. Who says Yellow Hat can't be female? Christa Danner Speech and Drama Blue Valley Middle School A US Department of Education "Blue Ribbon School of Excellence" School Number: (913) 239-5100 Direct Line: (913) 239-5163 read more

• Discussion

Is there a list of workshops and intensive professional development at this year's conference? ------------------------------ Michael Stofko Teacher Holy Redeemer High School PA ------------------------------

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• Another Summer Opportunity

EdTA n partnership with the member organizations of the National Coalition for Arts Standards (NCAS) are seeking educators to participate in Phase 2 of “Creating A Community For All Learners- Reimagining Standards-based Arts Education for Equity & Inclusion".  Participants will be asked to attend a two hour virtual training  in August 2024, then revise and pilot a lesson plan of their choosing based on guidance for culturally responsive teaching and standards.  They will provide NCAS with the final revised lesson plan and a reflection on the process.  There will be a $600.00 honorarium for chosen educators.  A sample lesson plan is required to apply.   

To apply please click on this link.

This project is supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts.

National Endowment for the Arts grant logo.

• Earn $350 by Joining the EdTA Summer Intensive!

The Educational Theatre Association is thrilled to launch our 2024 summer intensive: The Heart of the Lesson Plan. We are seeking theatre educators interested in participating in this summer project based on a study of the book Unearthing Joy: A Guide to Culturally and Historically Responsive Teaching and Learning by Dr. Gholdy Muhammad (Scholastic 2023).  Learn more.  Questions?  Contact Cory Wilkerson at: cwilkerson@schooltheatre.org

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.