Home

Browse the Community

• I spent 38 years as a high school theatre educator. Now I supervise student teachers in the Theatre Credential program for CSU East Bay, work with performing arts teachers to clear their credential in the Induction program for California, coach the The Claremont College Mock Trial team, and teach workshops read more

• RE: Graduation Cords

Discussion

Palos Verdes Peninsula High School, Rolling Hills Estates CA For many years anyone who wanted to do cords did them. About ten years ago admin cracked down because it was getting ridiculous allowing only Honors Societies and 2-3 other programs to continue using cords. We have always done cords for read more

• Retired private school theatre teacher. For 40 years, I taught mostly in high schools, with an occasional middle school class. I was responsible for all extracurricular productions, direction, design and for the first 20 years, tech, both musical and non-.

• RE: Sound Cue Program

Discussion

QLab. Hands down. ------------------------------ Joan Jubett (she/her) Director of High School Fall Play and Spring Festival of Plays High School Theater Teacher LREI New York, NY ------------------------------

• RE: Sound Cue Program

Discussion

Unfortunately, Multiplay was the only free Windows-based program that I thought was halfway decent. There are a couple of paid programs out there that you could trial and see if you like - Show Cue System, SFX, or even CSC Show Control. But - if I'm honest - Qlab really is the best. I really didn't read more

• Sound Cue Program

Discussion

I have been using Multiplay for my sound cues for years. I just found out that it is not compatible with newer technology sound boards. It was almost a disaster at our One Act Play competition. Luckily I had everything backed up on Google Drive so the contest director was able to upload my cue into their read more

• Student director packet?

Discussion

Greetings all, I would be especially grateful if someone has a student director packet that they are willing to share. I looked through many of the past EdTA emails on the list-serve and found some great advice on how to make expectations clear to student directors. I also found some helpful student read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• Awards for Schools & Teachers - Nominations Open!

EdTA’s awards program honors members, volunteers, and supporters for their notable accomplishments in theatre education. Learn more and start an application here. Applications are open until April 1.

• EdTA Professional Learning Webinar – Curriculum Mapping: Taking Us Where We Need To Go

This interactive work session will take participants through the process of reflecting on their core values as they embark on the task of curriculum mapping for their theatre classroom. The session will walk participants through building units of study, while utilizing backward mapping, identifying skill-based theatre instruction, writing lines of inquiry, developing assessments both formative and summative in alignment with National Core Arts theatre standards. This session is great for the veteran teacher looking to refresh their curriculum and the new teacher starting the process.

EdTA Professional Learning Webinars are free for EdTA members.

Watch the on-demand webinar now:  https://learn.schooltheatre.org/products/curriculum-mapping-taking-us-where-we-need-to-go

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.