Home

Browse the Community

• Discussion

The most seminal experience in my teaching theatre was the opportunity to be part of the Globe Education Academy program through UC Davis 15 years ago when I was able to spend a couple weeks at the Globe Theatre studying embedding Shakespeare into my high school English and Theatre classes. Plus I have read more

• Classroom management. We all need it, but what does it entail? Join theatre educator Erin Moughon-Smith for this webinar to explore some different approaches on how to build relationships and utilize different strategies to create classroom rapport. EdTA Professional Learning Webinars are free for read more

• I am Artistic Director/Founder of CSz Los Angeles (ComedySportz), corporate trainer, certified teacher of Applied Improvisation, and also Director of Theatre Arts at Justin-Siena HS in Napa. Justin-Siena is a Christian Brothers/Catholic high school. Happy to connect and share! ------------------------------ read more

• RE: Graduation Cords

Discussion

Kempsville HS Virginia Beach, VA We had a similar situation several years ago. Once I explained to our administration that Thespians were an Honor Society, which had to be earned by students, they allowed us not only honor cords but the white honor collars for those who had accrued more than 50 points. read more

• Education & Entertainment

Discussion

What are your guys thoughts on combining both industries of Education and Entertainment to help younger generations improve their social/emotional skills? https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bridging-gap-why-entertainment-education-wont-survive-johnny-cassidy-0mhbc ------------------------------ John read more

Discussion

Thank you for all these responses! Keep them coming! I'm in Indiana so if any of my Indiana Troupe Directors want to chime in - that would be especially helpful! ------------------------------ Stephanie Clussman Laville Jr. Sr. High School IN ------------------------------

Discussion

Rural NW Pennsylvania here, and we do the same in terms of the military and all of the long-term, honor type of things including our FFA (although the blood donation is a new one to me I will bring that up to our NHS advisor because I think that is really neat!). It's printed in our program explaining read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• EdTA Professional Learning Webinar: Classroom Management – Tips and Tricks

Classroom management. We all need it, but what does it entail? Join theatre educator Erin Moughon-Smith for this webinar to explore some different approaches on how to build relationships and utilize different strategies to create classroom rapport.

EdTA Professional Learning Webinars are free for EdTA members.

Watch the on-demand webinar now:  https://learn.schooltheatre.org/products/classroom-management-tips-and-tricks

• Awards for Schools & Teachers - Nominations Open!

EdTA’s awards program honors members, volunteers, and supporters for their notable accomplishments in theatre education. Learn more and start an application here. Applications are open until April 1.

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.