Home

Browse the Community

• You Don't Have to Do It Alone!

Discussion

Leading a Thespian troupe is a big responsibility. Yes, we're talking to you troupe directors who give even more of your time and talents to the effort of theatre education in our schools. Firstand alwaysthank you! The work you do helps EdTA fulfill our mission of shaping students' lives through read more

• "Miss Holmes"

Discussion

I have decided on "Miss Holmes" as our spring production. Would appreciate any resources or tips anyone could give me. Am planning to do it simply, in a black box space, with just the barest of sets. Anyone have recordings of the accurate pronunciation of the German lines, for examples? Costume pieces read more

• Discussion

There are some great scenes in "Antigone, Presented by the Girls of St. Catherine's" by Madhuri Shekar, available on the New Play Exchange. I might have some scenes pulled from it -- message me if you'd like me to send/share. ------------------------------ Cora Turlish NJ -------------------------- read more

• Discussion

I can't believe I forgot about one of my all-time favorite plays: The Last Nickel by Jane Shepard. A younger girl is trying to help her adult sister cope with an unknown problem. Very funny and at times, touching, harrowing and devastating. And it has a few scenes with puppets. It's great for scene work. read more

• Discussion

Here are some plays to explore: Men on Boats Doubt Doll's House 2 Pipeline Dance Nation Love/Sick Into the Breeches Space Girl Silent Sky The Taming The Revolutionists ------------------------------ Kent Burnham Director of Theatre Arts Frederick Gunn School Washington, CT 06793 ----------------- read more

• Discussion

Two all-women plays that have lots of scenes & monologues: Going To See the Elephant, and Out of Our Father's House. Both old(er) plays. Out of Our Father's House are historical characters in conversation, and Elephant is four 19th century women stranded together on the prairie. ------------------------------ read more

• Discussion

I've done scripted ones with my students, and I also work for an interactive murder mystery company. I not only perform in them, I've also written several. Feel free to pick my brain! Janie Janie Modlin, Director of Theatre Paul Blazer High School 1500 Blazer Boulevard Ashland, KY 41102 (606) read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

• Profile Picture

RE: swords

Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• Premiere Community Application Deadline is Here

Please complete your application now for Premiere Community recognition for your school. Deadline is end of day January 31, 2023.
    • Thespy Steering Committee Seeking New Members

Want to be a part of helping to create the Thespy rubrics, events and guidelines?  Here's your chance- the Thespy Steering committee is looking for more members!  Apply to become a member here.
      Learn more about the structure of the Thespy committee and regional representation here.

Dear Potential Committee Members,

Over the past five plus years, the Thespy Steering Committee of EdTA has worked to improve and adapt the Thespy program to what it is today. Yet, our work is not done. The world of educational theater is constantly changing and evolving and as educators our job is to adapt and evolve with those changes so that we can continue to serve our students. 

The Thespy Committee is looking for new voices to join our seasoned group of Thespian members. Our committee has a robust agenda for this school year and while our small committee has accomplished a lot, we know that we will only get stronger by adding more members to our team. 

Our committee meets once a month via Zoom and subcommittees will have occasional meetings to work through projects. We work hand in hand with the EdTA office staff to create, revise and evaluate our Thespy contests each year. Over the past few years, our committee was instrumental in creating the Musical Theater Dance contest, standardizing the technical theater Thespy rubrics and working to provide exceptional resources and training for our students that participate in the Thespy events. 

As we look to expand our committee, we are looking for members from all size states and geographic regions. All of our states have different issues, challenges and successes as far as their Thespy events and we welcome all of that expertise and knowledge to our table. 

If you are interested in applying to serve on the Thespy committee or you have a representative from your state that you believe would be a good fit, please reach out to Cory Wilkerson, EdTA Education, at cwilkerson@schooltheatre.org .  

We hope that you will consider joining us as we work to continue to improve the Thespy program for theater students worldwide. 

Sincerely, 

Kendra Willeby, Texas Thespians
      EdTA Thespy Committee Chair

Cory Wilkerson
      Education Department
      Educational Theatre Association 

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.