Home

Browse the Community

• RE: Classroom Management

Discussion

Thank you to everyone who's weighed in on this question! This is a wonderful collection of strategies, and I intend to implement several of them. Last class REALLY went off the rails, to the extent that about half of them independently decided to write me a letter of apology for their behavior. (I was read more

• Stagelam Stage Floor

Discussion

Hello! Our black box theater space was renovated over the summer, and there were some issues with the installation of the floor. Our school's facilities department, which has never been a fan of the new floor as designed (masonite surface over 2 layers of tongue and groove plywood) is advocating for read more

• Wednesday Words of Wisdom

Discussion

Rehearsal suggestions We all want to make the best use of precious rehearsal time. Dealing with school calendar conflicts such as “Wednesday family night,” Tuesday/Friday/whatever-day athletic games, music concerts, and other “sacred” times when we can’t schedule a rehearsal, coupled with individual read more

• Students on the spectrum

Discussion

23885 ------------------------------ Lesley Ruzon (she, her, hers) Moreland Middle School San Jose, CA ------------------------------

• RE: TOTS?

Discussion

About 15 years ago, one of my students pitched the idea of doing one acts in the fall and "charging" admission of non-perishable food items and/or $3.00. He even said we should try to do plays associated with love and call the evening Fall in Love: An Evening of One Acts. So, of course, we tried it. read more

• RE: Mics and lights

Discussion

Ernesto, Just purchased from Rod at Bodymics, was a pleasure working with him and he sort of walked me through the process to get the best deal. Definitely reach out to him, we are looking forward to using our 16 new bodypacs in November for The Little Mermaid! I believe it is Rod Riely if you want read more

• RE: Mics and lights

Discussion

It's a pretty big auditorium. Has three rows of lights, goes up past 60, but not all work and not all are plugged into the correct outlet. I'm still trying to figure out the schematics of the place. No one at the school knows. And the last theatre teacher didn't really do much for 7 years, she just made read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

• Profile Picture

RE: Belt Packs

Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• Apply Now: ITF 2023 Main Stage Adjudications!

Applications are now being accepted for the International Thespian Festival's 2023 Main Stage Adjudication. The application window will be open until October 15, 2022.

The International Thespian Festival’s (ITF) main stage program honors students, teachers, and school theatre programs by showcasing their superior work in theatrical production on the largest of stages – in front of thousands of fellow Thespians and theatre educators at the annual event on the campus of Indiana University.

During the 2022-2023 academic year, Thespian troupes may have one of their live, full-length productions (a play or a musical) adjudicated for constructive feedback and the chance to be invited to perform on the main stage at ITF. Any Thespian troupe in good standing is eligible for main stage adjudication. To be eligible for ITF 2023, productions must be staged between September 1, 2022 - February 15, 2023.

Learn More and Submit an Application Today!
      ​​

• Theatre Education Conference Registration Deadline Extended!

Hi, everyone!

Theatre Education Conference is making its in-person return in sunny Los Angeles in just over a month, and the registration deadline has been extended to September 5, 2022! (Payment must be received by September 28, 2022.)

Check out some of the amazing programming and fun experiences that Conference has to offer:

Click here to register today!

If you have any questions about Theatre Education Conference, please emails us at events@schooltheatre.org.

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.