Home

Browse the Community

• Discussion

Kristina, Ask and ye shall receive! Attached is an Honorary Thespian induction certificate template. Hope your ceremony tonight goes well! ------------------------------ Hans Weichhart Chief Membership Officer Educational Theatre Association ------------------------------

• Library Entry

• Discussion

Hello Hans, Any chance you have a certificate for Honorary Thespians? I'm inducting two tonight and would love to have something to hand out to them. :) ------------------------------ Kristina Cummins Theatre Teacher, Capital High School Co-Chapter Director Washington State Thespians ------------ read more

• Discussion

As the school year comes to a close and summer is upon us my sage advice is very simple – Feed Your Soul! Take some time this summer that is very selfishly just for YOU. You give so much of yourself to others and it has been a pretty tumultuous couple of years, so give yourself permission to do something read more

• Discussion

Thanks for the feedback on Grease. Barring any Covid bumps in the road, I think we could definitely make the expense worth it. It sounds like your community responds well to the same kinds of shows my community does. I appreciate your honesty about what a success it was and still feeling it was too dated read more

• Discussion

I'll look into that one. Thank you! I tend to forget to look at Pioneer since our district hasn't done a lot of their shows. Great reminder! ------------------------------ Carla ------------------------------

• Discussion

Hello! I tried to post some suggestions earlier but it looks like the info was cut off. I'll try again. :) Lauren Gunderson has a trilogy of sorts of "Christmas at Pemberley" shows, all inspired by the characters from Pride and Prejudice:Miss Bennet: Christmas at PemberleyThe Wickhams: Christmas at PemberleyGeorgiana read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• EdTA Professional Learning Webinar: Teaching Theatre to Students on the Spectrum

As of 2021, the CDC says one in 44 children are on the Autism Spectrum, so chances are several are going to end up in your drama class! Each person who has ASD has challenges in similar areas, but each is also unique. This on-demand training will help drama teachers identify what areas their actors on the spectrum need support with, along with ideas of how to appropriately offer that support. In addition, we will explore how to build an inclusive acting ensemble where everyone is valued and appreciated for their creativity and unique contributions.

• Connect with the EdTA Board: Open Meeting This Wednesday

As part of its commitment to open communication with members, EdTA’s board of directors is hosting a series of listening sessions. The last session of this school year is Wednesday, May 4 at 8 p.m. ET., and is open to any topics members wish to discuss. This is your chance to connect with the board! Sign up now and you'll receive a link for the meeting via email.

The listening session series is hosted by Duranleau-Brennan, vice president Krista Carson Elhai, and board director Erin Carr.

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.