Home

Browse the Community

• How to rehearse

Discussion

Hello Fellow Teachers!  Does anyone have a lesson on how to rehearse?  My middle schoolers seem to think reading through a scene once counts as rehearsing, I think they need concrete steps.  Thanks! ------------------------------ Lesley Ruzon ------------------------------

• Casting Musings Concerning Co-curricular and Extra-curricular Productions I invite you to share your innovations regarding this topic. Please share with the group. If you have a question about anything which I have posted, reach out to Gai.jones@sbcglobal.net. Gai Laing Jones

• Discussion

Musings Regarding Castings Co-Curricular/Extra-Curricular Productions Truisms I have Gleaned during Years of Castings *Rehearsal schedules and performance dates must be established with school wide and Theatre festivals considered. *Rehearsal beginning and ending times must be communicated to all parents/responsible read more

• Greetings, Just jumping in about a courtroom drama I saw in one of the threads. In 2010, we performed Agatha Christie's A Witness for the Prosecution. There are a number of characters and the twists in the plot are fun. The Jury gives you a number of people and it is a strong acting exercise in developing read more

• Hi, Billy, Our Theatre Dept. does officially three productions a year:  a fall play, Thespian troupe winter one-acts (student-directed and some student-written), and a spring musical. The fall play and spring musical are currently both on the "large cast merry-go-round."  LOL.  Our issue is that our read more

• Julie, you don't say how many shows you do a year. I strongly recommend you expand the size of your season. At one point in my career, we were producing as many as seven shows a year. Not everything has to be big, expensive and overproduced. Let students direct. Let other teachers direct. Produce student-written read more

• RE: Looking for a Newsies Set

Discussion

This is Floyd Central High School's set that they sold after they main staged at ITF a few years back. https://www.tmtcompany.com/portfolio/newsies-set-rental-the-music-and-theatre-company/ ------------------------------ Matt Curtis Content & Marketing Director Educational Theatre Association OH -- read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• Join Us on Social ❤ Stay Connected

Please take a minute right now to ‘Like’ and/or ‘Follow’ us on these two because we’ve consolidated our posts to only these two! 😉

On Facebook we’re at https://www.facebook.com/schooltheatre

On Instagram we’re at https://www.instagram.com/thespiansociety/

Educational Theatre Association is the home of International Thespian Society and Educational Theatre Foundation.

• JAN 20: EdTA Professional Learning Webinar – Crash Course: Preparing Students for College Auditions

Join Laura Enstall, owner and founder of Audition Well, for this live and interactive session on Thursday, January 20 at 7:30pm ET. Get all of your questions answered by an experienced audition coach, and leave this workshop with tools to guide your students through the college audition process and a workbook with helpful links.

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Upcoming Events