Home

Browse the Community

• Over the last year, artificial intelligence has been a buzzword everywhere – from the halls of government, to business operations, to educational spheres. But for theatre, AI introduces a complex blend of opportunities and challenges. So we want to hear from you. How do you think AI might influence read more

• Qualified Thespy finalists are eligible to apply for specific Thespy-related scholarships. Any student who received a superior overall rating in their chapter qualifying event and is eligible for the final round of Thespy adjudication may apply. Applications are due April 30, 2024. Students do read more

• RE: Basic set pieces

Discussion

I'm going to approach this from a different angle Yes, basic set pieces are nice to have and fun to build (take it from a die-hard techie back in college!). However, they are only there to help the characters tell their stories, not as ends in themselves. So rehearsal blocks and similar things are read more

• RE: Classroom Design

Discussion

Consider having a small stage at one end of the classroom. Large enough for a two person scene. No more than 18-24" rise. This can be elaborate with curtains and lights or a simple raised platform. -- "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players." - Shakespeare

• RE: Basic set pieces

Discussion

Hi Lesley, For our productions in a small space I have three periaktoi that are on casters. This gives me three or more different settings and easy scene transitions. This year for Beauty and the Beast, I added foam panel barn doors to each, giving me some additional settings for castle, forest, and read more

• Discussion

Looking for a play to do in the fall. A comedy for high school that has between 10-15 parts, mostly for girls with 1 or 2 character male parts. Already done Clue, 39 Steps, Puffs, Almost Maine and many Don Zolidis plays. Looking for something very funny, small set or set pieces and fun for students to read more

• RE: Matilda

Discussion

Did you ever figure out if there was a way to double up characters for this show? Thanks in advance. ------------------------------ Jessica Baxter ------------------------------

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• Scholarship Money for Thespy Finalists! (ITF Attendance Not Required)

Qualified Thespy finalists are eligible to apply for specific Thespy-related scholarships. Any student who received a superior overall rating in their chapter qualifying event and is eligible for the final round of Thespy adjudication may apply. Applications are due April 30, 2024.

Students do not need to attend ITF to apply for or receive a scholarship.

Learn more and apply here!

• EdTA Webinar – Season Planning: How to Strategically Plan your Season by Engaging your Community

In this on-demand webinar, presenter Krista Carson Elhai will start by walking you through how to conduct an analysis of your program – what’s working, what makes money, what brings in a large audience, and how do you connect your program with your community. Then the session will look at how the design of your season can fulfill many of your goals. Participants will walk away with a blueprint for getting community buy in to your theatre program to take your program to the next level.

EdTA Professional Learning Webinars are free for EdTA members.

Watch the on-demand webinar now:  https://learn.schooltheatre.org/products/season-planning-how-to-strategically-plan-your-season-by-engaging-your-community

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.