Open Forum

View Only

Share Your Insights for Theatre Education Advocacy

• 1.  Share Your Insights for Theatre Education Advocacy

Posted 05-16-2024 16:38
    Edited by Jose Triana 05-16-2024 16:38

Having spent my time in the theatre classroom, I know what it's like to juggle final performances, grading, and graduation ceremonies. But as we approach the end of the year, I hope you can find 10-15 minutes to complete our 2024 State of Theatre Education climate survey, which is open until May 24. 

Replacing the EdTA Play Survey, this new initiative aims at helping us better understand the broader picture of your classroom and community experiences – not just the plays and musicals you're performing. 

Why the change? Advocacy is central to EdTA's new strategic plan, and this survey aims to gather enough data to strengthen our impact. By gathering information on demographics, trends, issues, and attitudes, we can better inform our advocacy efforts for the 2024-25 school year and beyond.  

Additionally, we'll be using this information to create a comprehensive report in the fall, which you can use to compare your program with those in schools across the nation. To enhance our understanding of theatre education, we want to heart from  

Who do we want to hear from? 

• Classroom teachers 
    • School administrators (such as fine arts coordinators, principals) 
    • Teaching artists 
    • Afterschool drama directors 
    • Outreach and education directors at cultural organizations 

This survey is open to everyone in the theatre education field, not just EdTA members, so please share it with your peers and friends!  

We'll also be giving away a $100 Amazon gift card to one survey respondent to show our gratitude.  

Thank you for your time and participation during this busy season. Your input is crucial in helping us support and advocate for you. 

------------------------------
    Dr. Jennifer Katona
    Executive Director
    Educational Theatre Association
    OH
    ------------------------------