Open Forum

• 1.  What are the problems with using an online ticketing company

Posted 04-08-2014 08:15

another one  of the arts teachers in my dept wants us to start using an online ticketing company next year. What are the problems with doing this? (I don't want to commit and then find out it's a big pain) thanks
    -------------------------------------------
    Stacey Bailey

• 2.  RE:What are the problems with using an online ticketing company

Posted 04-08-2014 18:32

Stacy there is an awesome thread in the community about online ticketing with a great deal of excellent responses. I personally use showtix4u.com.  They have great customer service, no set up fees and no commitment.  To be totally transparent, the program was originally written for me, so the the high school and community theatre market was their primary concern.  Now, about 80% of my tickets are sold online for my big shows.  I don't know what I would do without it!    Just do your research, and choose the right most flexible system for your school.  My kids pay their course fees, trip payments, ad sales all online.  It's beautiful!

Best of luck to you!
    Jennifer Hemme

• 3.  RE:What are the problems with using an online ticketing company

Posted 04-09-2014 09:19
    Hi Stacey! Here's a link to the thread Jennifer mentioned:

Ticketing Software Feedback

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association

• 4.  RE:What are the problems with using an online ticketing company

Posted 04-09-2014 09:43
    I've been using Seat Yourself for several years and have never had a problem.  Their system is easy to use and fairly priced. 

Faye Ryan
    Fine Arts Chair/Theatre Director

• 5.  RE:What are the problems with using an online ticketing company

Posted 04-14-2014 01:03
    I have also been using Seat Yourself for several years and and I agree with Faye.  If I have any questions they are an email away and they get back to me very quickly.

Helen Dixon
    Oakley CA

• 6.  RE:What are the problems with using an online ticketing company

Posted 04-15-2014 08:45
    We have had only success with SeatYourself.  Tickets used to be such a horrible job.  I now volunteer to do tickets for anyone who needs it as SeatYourself makes it so easy. Once it is set up, it runs itself until I print off the list of reservations on performance night. The company keeps adding new features such as using a QR code on the ticket that can be scanned with an iPad at the door. I love that I can talk to a real human, which I had to do the first time we had both reserved and general seating in the same performance. David is available and quick to respond to any questions either by phone of email.

I highly recommend that you give it at try!

Lynnae Lathrop
    MS Speech and Drama teacher
    Waukee Comm. School District
    Waukee IA

• 7.  RE:What are the problems with using an online ticketing company

Posted 04-15-2014 09:02
    I have used ShowTix4U for numerous years.  They are very responsive with questions (I don't have many.  It is pretty simple.)  Parents like being able to pick the seat and print their tickets at home.

[William] [Myatt] [Drama Director]

[Pleasant Valley High School]

[myattw@pleasval.k12.ia.us][563-332-5151][Bettendorf][IA][USA]

• 8.  RE:What are the problems with using an online ticketing company

Posted 04-15-2014 20:23
    I have used Seat Yourself for two years and they are very efficient and easy to work with.  My only problem has been on show nights when people come in without having purchased a ticket.  We have had very long lines because the website does not move as quickly as I would hope.  And maybe that is because my school's internet is not really swift.   But they are a good choice.

Cary Shapiro
    Ankeny IA

• 9.  RE:What are the problems with using an online ticketing company

Posted 04-15-2014 19:10
    We use showtix4u.com and it's fantastic. Totally takes the school out of pulling tickets, taking money, making mistakes etc. In about a week after the show is over,, the company sends us a check! ------------------------------------------- Lois Deerberg Cedar Rapids IA -------------------------------------------