Open Forum

View Only

wonderful resource for original 10 Minute Plays

• 1.  wonderful resource for original 10 Minute Plays

Posted 02-26-2022 09:07
    If you are not familiar with the Play At Home  project, check it out.  Theaters around the country (Woolly Mammoth, Long Wharf, The Public, Kennedy Center, Silk Road Rising to name just a few...) commissioned playwrights to create 10 Minute Plays.  There are dozens of wonderful scripts on the site, written by a very diverse group of professional playwrights.  There is a wide variety of themes, cast sizes, styles, etc.  I feel like they met their mission to "invite people to get offline and into their imaginations, "pay some artists," and "inspire joy and connection."  Scripts can be downloaded for free for perusal and each playwright's bio page includes contact information if anyone wants to produce a play at their school. I have been reading scripts with my students all year and we are planning a 10 Minute Play festival this spring.   Play At Home

Joanna Lewton
    Arts Director
    Capital City Public Charter School
    100 Peabody Street, NW
    Washington DC 20011
    202 808 9750
    JLewton@ccpcs.org

Celebrating 20 Years of Educational Excellence!

All are welcome and included at Capital City.   We stand with immigrants, refugees, and people of all faiths. We honor all cultures and languages.  We believe that Black lives matter.  We empower girls and women.  We stand with our LGBTQ community members.  We celebrate and support learning differences.  We value the rich diversity of our community.  We help one another. Together we are stronger.