Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Rights You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Posted 01-27-2021 10:50
    I've been waiting for notification of streaming and stage rights for You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown for nearly a month from Concord Theatrical. I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem? I'm not getting any response on email and when I call, I am told that there is no information. Just curious if anyone out there knows the situation??

------------------------------
    Amy Luskey Barth
    Talon Theatre Artistic Director
    Director, Thespian Troupe 5524
    Santa Margarita Catholic High School

• 2.  RE: Rights You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Posted 01-28-2021 08:39
    It sounds like lots of others have had this problem and that reaching out directly to Rosemary Bucher is the key. She seems to monitor this board and respond to similar issues,  so if you can't figure out how to contact her directly,  maybe she'll see your post.

• 3.  RE: Rights You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Posted 01-28-2021 12:14

Hi there,

Thanks for checking in! This is a case where the title requires additional clearances from the author's representation. There are no issues with your application, but we do need to hear back from the author's agent before we can proceed. We're doing all we can to follow up and get an answer for you, and hope to be in touch with good news very soon!

If you have any issues, please reach out to K12@concordtheatricals.com or give us a call.

Please note that you may not announce, audition, promote, rehearse, or perform any show without an approved license and payment in full. We accept license requests up to 18 months before performances, and we always encourage applicants to submit as far in advance as possible to avoid any delays and give us time to obtain the proper clearances. We know there's a lot of last-minute planning that's needed to happen this year to adapt to the changing world, but we do still need time to process licenses per our contracts with our authors and conversations with professional partners.  

If at all possible, I recommend working with your school to pay via credit card or e-check/ACH. That way, we'll be able to process payment right away once your request has been approved.  At the moment, check processing is quite a bit slower than usual due to USPS delays. We're still processing payment, but per our website, we encourage everyone to make payment via credit card or e-check/ACH when possible for the quickest processing. Otherwise, it may be several weeks before we receive and process your payment (and you may not start production or announce the show until payment is applied).

Rosemary Bucher
    Educational Theatre Licensing Coordinator