Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Distribution from Online Ticketing Companies

Posted 08-10-2020 20:48
    Has your school had difficulty collecting monies from your online ticketing company? We're finding it challenging to reach customer support at the company we use for our shows, as they are not answering their phones. 

We're still waiting on thousands of dollars in ticket sales for a show that closed in early March.

------------------------------
    David Tate Hastings
    Theatre Educator
    Olathe South High School
    Thespian Troupe #5006

• 2.  RE: Distribution from Online Ticketing Companies

Posted 08-11-2020 11:52

We use On The Stage, and our check was delayed about a week, but otherwise they have been 100% on the ball. 

They are also all set to promote for virtual shows too. :-)

Beth Keith
    Theatre Teacher
    Harrisonville High School
    Grandview MO

• 3.  RE: Distribution from Online Ticketing Companies

Posted 08-11-2020 11:52

We use On The Stage, and our check was delayed about a week, but otherwise they have been 100% on the ball. 

They are also all set to promote for virtual shows too. :-)

Beth Keith
    Theatre Teacher
    Harrisonville High School
    Grandview MO

• 4.  RE: Distribution from Online Ticketing Companies

Posted 08-11-2020 16:22
    I am experiencing the exact same thing right now with our ticketing agent (Vendini). They typically disburse a check one month from our closing date, but we still haven't received anything. I understand delays with the current situation, but this is no longer reasonable. I think I'm even more worried that you are having the same issue.
    We also closed in March. I've otherwise been very happy with them, but this is not good. Same company?

Christopher Piner
    Drama Teacher/director
    Vernal UT

• 5.  RE: Distribution from Online Ticketing Companies

Posted 08-11-2020 16:55
    We also use Vendini/AudienceView. They are promoting a new professional service which includes a monthly service fee. I have responded to their offers with a request to get our monies before we consider their new product.

I have loved using Vendini. It has been a great product.

We just want to receive our funds for a shows that closed over 5 months ago. Our online statement says a check was dispersed on July 6th, but we still haven't received it. They also haven't released our reserve.

David Tate Hastings
    Theatre Educator
    Olathe South High School
    Thespian Troupe #5006

• 6.  RE: Distribution from Online Ticketing Companies

Posted 08-12-2020 12:44
    We too use venidini and I am waiting for a check from donations that we received from our patrons when we had to cancel our show and for our reserves from our previous shows this past year. Our check was issued in the beginning of July and they said it was mailed out the end of July, but I have yet to see a check also. I sure hope we can get the $ soon! We have loved using vendini also - but I am worried about the delay and what it means.

Kirsti M.
    SCHS Drama Teacher
    San Clemente, CA

• 7.  RE: Distribution from Online Ticketing Companies

Posted 08-14-2020 09:24
    An article in Business Ticketing News entitled "When the Unfathomable Becomes Your Reality" states that the company laid off more than half of their staff on March 31. Here is a link to the article. Not terribly encouraging.

https://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2020/03/31/viewpoint-unfathomable-becomes-reality/

Kate Costello
    Theater director
    Saint Viator High School
    Arlington Heights IL

• 8.  RE: Distribution from Online Ticketing Companies

Posted 08-22-2020 08:48
    We use LUDUS and to date - I’m pretty happy with them and the costumer service. It’s a free service and I would recommend looking into this if you are searching for a new platform. Hope you all get your money owed to you soon!

---------------------------------
    Cynthia Warren

Chester VA
    ---------------------------------