Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  London Tours

Posted 09-30-2015 16:08

Hey All - I am planning a London Theatre trip for Spring Break 2016 but it seems like many of the tour companies are charging a boat load.  

Can anyone recommend a tour?

------------------------------
    Nancy Kissam
    Theatre Teacher
    Los Angeles CA

• 2.  RE: London Tours

Posted 10-01-2015 07:39

Flight costs are extremely high! And West End tickets are as high as Broadway. The price may be realistic. Check flight prices and ticket costs online to see if it's balances.

What group are you using?

John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 3.  RE: London Tours

Posted 10-02-2015 09:36

I am also taking a group to London in May.  I am traveling with Brightspark.  I have traveled with them several times and have always been happy with their service.  They warned me of the flight prices a year in advance.  About 6 months ago the flight dropped by $200 and they were able to secure that price for us.  Good Luck1

Wende Wolfe-Perez
    Teacher/Theatre Head Coach
    Central High School
    Cheyenne WY

• 4.  RE: London Tours

Posted 10-04-2015 16:31

I've used a wonderful tour company for my theatre trips to London.  They will arrange the trip however you want, and they have wonderful tour guides.  The company is called Proscenium Tours out of the UK.  I can't recommend them enough.  I've taken 4 trips with them. I'd be happy to send you our recent itinerary from this past June as an example. 

We see four shows including a show at the Globe, the Royal Shakespeare Company, and two West End productions.  We also have acting workshops at the Globe and the RSC.   
    Diane Landis
    Theatre Faculty
    Minneapolis MN

• 5.  RE: London Tours

Posted 10-06-2015 17:30

My school district requires that we use a district approved tourist agency for all overnight trips. In a case like this, I'd meet with our agent and explain my financial situation and all of that so that they could shop around for the most affordable yet productive trip possible.

Paul Townsend
    Scottsdale AZ