Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  The Library

Posted 09-04-2017 21:40
    Hi  I just moved from my current job in Miami to a new position in Wisconsin.  When I arrived, the school stated that the teacher before me selected and cast the Fall show for the year and that I should do that show.  I read the script and hated it and stated that I would use all the members in the cast but I was going to change the show to suit my strengths as a director.  I have chosen to direct The Library by Scott Z Burns.  The show that was on their docket was a radio show and I am more into Theatre for Social Change.  Has anyone ever directed this show?  Are there pit falls that you can see and that I might tread lightly upon?  I love this script and feel the test is provocative and adult.  It should be a challenge for the actor and the community. Im sure parents will have issues but that never bothered me before as I see tremendous merit in this show. I am curious about set design.  This school has none so I am going to have to hire a designer.  I see some awesome back lit images to incorporate.  However, does anyone who has directed this show have some image designs for this show?

Thanks

David

------------------------------
    [David] [Valdes]
    [Director of Theatre]
    University Lake School ]
    Hartland] [Wisconsin]
    ------------------------------