Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Favorite ticket vendor

Posted 07-08-2019 18:00
    I went to check on sales for our upcoming summer program, and apparently SmartTix has gone toes-up and I missed the memo. We need to find a new ticket vendor in a hurry.  What ticketing sites do you recommend that are user-friendly and cost-effective on both the consumer end and the box office end? 

(I'm positive this thread has shown up several times on this board, but I have not been able to figure out how to search using my phone.)

------------------------------
    Josh Kauffman
    Teacher
    Winfield AL

• 2.  RE: Favorite ticket vendor

Posted 07-08-2019 18:18
    I can personally recommend Booktix and Ludus.  I have used both companies.  The biggest difference between the two is that Booktix provides equipment for you to use on site, including ticket stock.  Ludus works for schools who prefer to just print tickets on a regular printer.  Both do online ticketing.  Both have great customer service and both have great reporting features.  For me, the decision was what I wanted the at-the-door experience to look like for our patrons.  If you have specific questions, I will be glad to try and answer them.

Greg Franklin
    Director of Choral Music & Theatre Arts
    Denver NC

• 3.  RE: Favorite ticket vendor

Posted 07-09-2019 09:26
    In case this might be a consideration, there are only 3 vendors who have been coming to the EdTA National Conference regularly for years, BookTix, ShowTix4U, and Seat Yourself. These three also advertise regularly in EdTA's Teaching Theatre and website.

David Lichtenstein
    Seat Yourself
    White Plains NY

• 4.  RE: Favorite ticket vendor

Posted 07-09-2019 13:49
    I can not recommend Ludus.com enough. Not only is the program really easy, modern looking and with great reporting features...the customer service is amazing. You should reach out to Zack there...one conversation and I know you'll feel more than comfortable using them! There is no charge to the program and the charge per ticket is minimal...PLUS comp tix, exchanges, and cash sales have no fees (these are hidden in other companies!) 

Ashley Bowen
    Teacher/Director of Theatre Activities
    Portage MI

• 5.  RE: Favorite ticket vendor

Posted 07-10-2019 09:51
    I can't say enough good stuff about ShowTix4U.  Great people, easy platform to use, call center (for your questions and your patrons can even call if needed).  My bookkeepers love their reports!  Call Jeff or Steele and ask whatever questions you have!  Well worth investigating!

[William] [Myatt] [Director of Theatre]

[Pleasant Valley High School]

[myattw@pleasval.k12.ia.us][563-332-5151][Bettendorf][IA][USA]

• 6.  RE: Favorite ticket vendor

Posted 07-10-2019 10:16
    I love Ludus.com! The site is easy to use and they offer so many features.  Reach out to Zach!

Mary Bogrette
    Bloomfield Hills High School

• 7.  RE: Favorite ticket vendor

Posted 07-11-2019 08:26
    I highly recommend booktix!

Kristi Jacobs-Stanley
    Louisiana Co-Chapter Director