Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Lion King Makeup

Posted 05-29-2017 10:03
    I am looking for an affordable source to do the Broadway style make up for the Lion King. I am also looking for quality since at least one of my cast members has skin allergies.  

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Marla Blasko
    Theatre Arts Director
    Columbia MD

• 2.  RE: Lion King Makeup

Posted 05-30-2017 08:10
    You need some barrier spray! Mehron barrier spray! It will save you and protect the kid's skin. I buy mine at www.alconeco.com 

--
    Hillary Bogers
    Theatre Director
    Jack Britt High School
    910-429-2800

This e-mail is for the sole use of the individual for whom it is intended. If you are neither the intended recipient, nor agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure, re-transmission, copying, or reliance on the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the person transmitting the correspondence immediately. All e-mail correspondence to and from this email may be subject to disclosure to any third party upon request, including the media. It shall not be necessary to disclose: 1) E-mail correspondence which does not constitute a Public Record as defined under N.C.G.S. §132.1 or; 2) a public record which is exempt from disclosure under other applicable State or Federal law.

• 3.  RE: Lion King Makeup

Posted 05-30-2017 11:07
    I've found that Norcostco has reasonable prices and they carry a variety of brands (including air brush if you have the machine).

http://www.norcostco.com/makeup.aspx

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 4.  RE: Lion King Makeup

Posted 05-30-2017 16:13
    When my group did the makeup for the MS production we used Wolfe brand water activated makeup. Dries perfectly so nothing gets on hands or costumes, no skin issues at all! Wipes off easily with a makeup or baby wipe! Get good brushes to paint it on. It's literally like painting on the face. Best makeup I've used for this sort of work. I plan to use it for my production of CATS next year.

Rachel Sparks
    Ches Beach MD