Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Collecting librettos?

Posted 03-31-2020 12:06
    Has anyone come up with a good way to collect librettos that were checked out to students? I already contacted my admin to ask how they are going to want to handle this (figuring they have so many questions I should ask now and expect a fairly lengthy response time since this isn't a priority). I'd like to have some suggestions waiting if I'm asked for them. I'm also in the high risk category so am not allowed to return to campus (even with mask and gloves) so need to figure something out where I don't have to be present. Any suggestions are helpful.

Take care of yourselves and your families!

------------------------------
    Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 2.  RE: Collecting librettos?

Posted 03-31-2020 21:18
    Contact your representative (MTI, R&H, etc.).  They have been very helpful and understanding with the current situation.  I would not worry about anything until this has passed and you can safely and responsibly collect the librettos.  Until then, there really is nothing you can do.  (It is not like they need them back ASAP.  Nobody is allowed to perform anything right now.)  Take care of yourself and do not worry about the little things (like librettos).  There are more important things to focus on right now, like family and loved ones.  We do not need to create any more anxiety for ourselves or others at this time.  Much love and light to you and I wish you nothing but happiness and good health.  Cheers!

Scott F. Cooney
    "Lover of Life"
    NJ State Thespian State Board
    CTE Acting/Theatre Instructor
    BCIT Medford Academy of Performing Arts
    Medford, NJ

• 3.  RE: Collecting librettos?

Posted 04-01-2020 15:46
    Shira,

I received a note from MTI saying that they are not accepting scripts, etc., back at the moment.  Being in CT, they are not allowed to receive mail and have sent their warehouse people home for the moment.  That being said, I'm going to wait until the "ban" is lifted and then try to have a day that students can come and drop them off.  I will also coordinate this with my admin since parents will also be coming to school to pick up cap & gowns, get refunds and the like.  I think if you reach out to your licensing rep, you will find you have more time than you think.

All the best!

E. Denise Royal
    Theater Director
    Desert Edge High School
    Goodyear AZ