Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Smoke in Peter Pan

Posted 01-12-2017 17:34
    Does anyone have a good option for how to have the smoke come out of the stump Hook sits on? We are playing with either creating the stump out of foam or actually hollowing out a log and just using foam for the top of the mushroom. I really want to avoid dry ice. It's pricey...

------------------------------
    Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 2.  RE: Smoke in Peter Pan

Posted 01-13-2017 12:56
    I used powder when I could not use a hazer in Les Mis. Powder in pillows. it does get messy however.

Kate Caton
    Drury Stage Company
    Founder and Director
    Drury High School
    N Adams, MA

• 3.  RE: Smoke in Peter Pan

Posted 01-14-2017 10:44
    build the stump...insert tubing that goes offstage...rent a smoke machine (not dry ice as that produces a low lying smoke) and attach to machine nozzle.  Smoke will rise through either holes in the top surface of the stump or some mesh work integrated into the top.

For the poisoning of tinkerbell, I had a bottle sitting on a surface with tubing attached filled with colored liquid.  Tubing went offstage and was full of liquid and corked. When tink drinks the poison we uncorked the tubing and it emptied into a pail as the bottle emptied its contents.

Great show but the conductors score and put parts didn't match in many places.  It was a nightmare for the MD and hopefully this problem has been corrected.   We used ZFX for flying.  Great to work with.

David Kramer
    Mt Sinai NY