Open Forum

View Only

Theatre renovations-theatre consultant recommendation

• 1.  Theatre renovations-theatre consultant recommendation

Posted 11-05-2021 08:36
    Good morning,
    Our Black Box theatre and auditorium (potentially) are to be included in the district facility updates.  The two spaces were very well appointed (not necessarily properly) when built 30 years ago, but things are worn and some areas need serious attention just because other things were cut when built so making the first item ineffective. (i.e. no access to side lighting positions in front of house unless you build a scaffolding, which we don't allow students to use do to safety protocol from the district.  And yet, students are supposed to be doing the lighting hang-----) 

Now that they want to update (and potentially rebuild) I want to push for including a theatre consultant in the conversation.  We are just starting conversations, but things tend to happen quickly once decided.  I looked at past postings, but couldn't find recent recommendations for a theatre consultant (2018 seemed to be the last?).

I'm in Columbus, Ohio.  Any suggestions for qualified theatre consultants who understand educational theatre?
    Thanks,
    Holly

------------------------------
    Holly Thompson
    Worthington Kilbourne High School
    OH
    ------------------------------