Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Wigs (Annie and Men)

Posted 01-24-2019 15:05
    Does anyone have a tip of where to look for an Annie wig that looks realistic? I'm thinking we need two one for when she's an orphan and one for after her Warbucks makeover. 

Also always looking for quality men's wigs. We're an all girl school, so we often have girls playing boys. I can never seem to find good men wigs. 

Thanks for any resources you can offer!

------------------------------
    Kristi Jacobs-Stanley
    New Orleans LA

• 2.  RE: Wigs (Annie and Men)

Posted 01-25-2019 08:07
    Hi Kristi,

I've always had good luck with wigs for men and women throught the Costumer in New York.  You can find them online at The Costumer - America's #1 Source for theatrical, seasonal and masquerade costumes plus makeup, wigs, hats, props and accessories. 

You can also call them and ask advice for specific needs. They are extremely helpful and know their stuff.

William J. Eyerly, Ph. D, Ed. D
    Director of Fine & Performing Arts
    Academic Dean
    Canterbury School
    Executive Director
    Gainesville Association for the Creative Arts
    Fort Myers, FL

• 3.  RE: Wigs (Annie and Men)

Posted 01-25-2019 14:11
    Kristi,

I also work at an all girls school so I feel your pain! I have had a lot of good luck ordering wigs from Sammy Dress (sammydress.com). The only issue is that it can sometimes take a while to ship--They are located in China I believe.

--
    Jennifer Jordan
    Director of Theater & Dance
    Miss Hall's School
    413-395-7023

• 4.  RE: Wigs (Annie and Men)

Posted 01-26-2019 07:51
    Over had good luck with Wig America. Ask about wholesale prices since you're a school. Their web site is less than fabulous but they're real people and a small company. In CA I think.

Gordon Hensley
    Professor & Theatre Education Program Director
    Boone NC