Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Shrek Costumes

Posted 02-21-2014 09:22
    Looking for Shrek costumes to rent for a May 1-4 production. Any source suggestions for quality costumes.

-------------------------------------------
    Craig Munk
    Director of Theatre

• 2.  RE:Shrek Costumes

Posted 02-26-2014 00:29
    We made most of our own but I did some research online.  If you google Rent Shrek Costumes, you will find some of the big companies that rent.  Also, if you sign on to your MTI account, you will see a drop down menu called Resources.  Click on Community Rentals. Then click on the Shows menu and go to Shrek.  Then click on Show Photos-View All.  Lots of pics of rental packages.  Another idea might be to go to the Upcoming Productions for Shrek (same page) to see who around you is producing it.  They might be willing to rent or sell.

Helen Dixon

• 3.  RE:Shrek Costumes

Posted 03-13-2014 08:45
    I too am searching for costumes for Shrek: the Musical. Production dates are May 15-17. does anybody have suggestions for resources? I am hoping to rent/borrow from a Midwest resource. Thanks!

Lynn Jensen
    Language Arts Faculty, Director of Theater
    Cedar Rapids Community Schools

• 4.  RE:Shrek Costumes

Posted 03-14-2014 08:48
    We rented from the Croswell Opera House in Adrian MI: www.croswell.org

Suzanne Smith

• 5.  RE:Shrek Costumes

Posted 03-14-2014 10:17
    Schools producing this show might need to consider looking outside their own areas, since the title is proving to be wildly popular.  My troupe co-sponsor, whose production opened last night, started her search with companies right here in Florida, but soon had to expand the hunt.  Rental house after rental house told us that they were already handling too many high-school productions of Shrek to be able to help us.  We ended up getting our costumes from Pittsburgh, and we saved on the shipping by having someone drive up there to pick them up in person.

Jeff Grove
    Theatre Teacher and Aesthetics Department Chair
    Stanton College Preparatory School
    Jacksonville, FL