Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  "Brainstorm" – An amazing introduction for devised theater

Posted 01-26-2018 08:39
    Hi All, 

I wanted to tell you about and promote the play "Brainstorm," which we did this fall. Created by a youth theater company in N London, it is a sort of hybrid devised production, a creative tour through the teenage brain. The script includes a section in the back called the Blueprint to assist in putting on your own production. It was a profound experience for our students and community and I strongly encourage you check it out. 

You can check out some clips and info about the original show HERE

Or, to learn more about our process, I've written a pretty lengthy description of the show at the Nick Hern Books blog HERE. I wrote it thinking of you, other HS theater directors who might be interested.  

Feel free to contact me with any thoughts or questions. 

Steven

------------------------------
    Steven Slaughter
    Rosslyn Academy
    Nairobi, Kenya

Be joyful, though you have considered all the facts. - W Berry

• 2.  RE: "Brainstorm" – An amazing introduction for devised theater

Posted 01-27-2018 12:06
    Thank you so much for this- your timing was kismet. I was JUST discussing my fears and concerns with devising work with students. This may well be the exact structure I've been needing. Four years ago, I started my Theatre teaching career with Alan Haehnel's "What I Want to Say But Never Will" and this reminds me of that show, but not too much for it to seem like a "part 2."
    Thank you so much for sharing!

Summer Heartt
    Theatre Arts - Teacher/Director
    American Canyon High School
    American Canyon, California, USA