Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Elementary ensemble building on Zoom

Posted 08-25-2020 11:09
    Hi folks!

I am looking for some fun ensemble-building games for ELEMENTARY LEVEL (specifically 3rd grade right now, but I teach EC-8th so I'll take any suggestions!) that can be done with a group of 10-12 students on Zoom. I have some ideas, but am looking for new ones and all I can find are high school-related posts!  I'd love any/all of your brilliant suggestions.

Thanks!!

------------------------------
    Shelly Work
    SHADY SIDE MD

• 2.  RE: Elementary ensemble building on Zoom

Posted 08-26-2020 08:31
    I LOVE the TABLEAU Lesson plans from DRamanotebook.com for Ensemble Work. YOu can use them with just about any grade, and the students MUST work together well to make a successful Tableau. I also use the GAME JUMP IN JUMP OUT to begin many of my sessions.

Suzanne "Mama" Craig
    MS/HS Theatre/Speech
    Lipscomb Academy
    Nashville, TN
    Suzanne.Craig@Lipscomb.Edu

• 3.  RE: Elementary ensemble building on Zoom

Posted 08-26-2020 10:25
    The Distance Ensemble Experiences units which I contributed to this Community have been used with ages 8-senior citizens. The documents containing the ensemble experience is a Word document so that you can tweak them to your needs. Every time I lead an experience on a digital platform, I pivot in real time. Constantly changing the experience. Hope that can use the created Distance Ensemble Experiences which I created. 
    BTW my published Theatre books contain many experiences which can be adapted for our virtual educational world. 
    Best for this academic year. 

Gai Laing Jones
    President of Educational Theatre Association (EdTA), National Board Member of Educational Theatre Foundation 

• 4.  RE: Elementary ensemble building on Zoom

Posted 08-27-2020 09:53
    Check out the recorded version of my recent Virtual Drama Download Workshop! 

Come prepared to absorb over twenty activities perfectly suited for the virtual or hybrid drama classroom. Play your way through technique and performance-based options for a variety of ages. This engaging workshop is perfect for drama teachers looking for virtual adaptations and new activity creations. 

$15 Tuition includes a video recording of the Virtual Drama Download workshop and a 30-minute one-on-one Zoom conversation with Matthew Belopavlovich. 

https://patelconservatory.asapconnected.com/#CourseID=227503

Have a great day,
    Matthew Belopavlovich
    Theater Dept. Artistic Director
    Patel Conservatory 

Matthew Belopavlovich
    Tampa FL

• 5.  RE: Elementary ensemble building on Zoom

Posted 08-28-2020 09:22
    This was an excellent workshop with lots of great activities!

Get Outlook for iOS