Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Masks for Phantom of the Opera

Posted 03-19-2019 12:09
    I have a colleague who is seeking a Phantom mask that is as close to the one used on Broadway as possible.  Any leads?

------------------------------
    Donald Amerson
    Teacher
    Long Beach CA

• 2.  RE: Masks for Phantom of the Opera

Posted 03-20-2019 07:35
    Hi.

We did Phantom last year and I got my mask from Justin Longshore

justinlongshore@yahoo.com

I went with the 25th version over the Crawford.  (The 25th has a larger nose and exaggerated brow, while the Crawford is subtler.)  I would go with what you want to see on stage. It may take a while to get your order, so order earlier than you need it.

The masks are made from existing sculpts, so they don't really change sizes. They are semi flexible so they can be worn by various face shapes.  If a mask doesn't fit, Justin will gladly swap it out for another style that will. He'll ship the replacements for free, but you'll have to pay around $8.00 to ship the originals back. Keep in mind that prosthetic and wigs will be the determining factor on the way the mask fits on stage.  

Ask for a discount, (price of one is about $115) and he will agree to give you two for the price of one-which is awesome to use if you are doing the double Phantom and Christine on a catwalk.  It was nice to have one to gift to my Phantom at the end of the run.

Let me know if you want pictures or info as to where to get the Valentino wig.

[Karen] [Malone]
    [National Board Certified Teacher of English]
    IB Theatre Teacher
    ITS Advisor
    [Commack High Schoo]
    [Commack] [New York]