Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Will the International Thespian Festival still happen?

Posted 03-24-2020 13:07
    This was the first year I was planning to bring my students, and we still have lots of fundraising to do. I know nothing has been officially canceled yet, but do we have a feeling either way so far? These kids will be so sad if they don't have this to look forward to, after their spring one-act competition was canceled.

If it is canceled, will we find out what other shows were supposed to perform on the mainstage? Is that still on track to be announced in April? We like to do research on shows before we see them, and I had hoped to talk about all the shows with my students.

------------------------------
    Becca Lillias

• 2.  RE: Will the International Thespian Festival still happen?

Posted 03-24-2020 18:21

Hello Becca,

Thank you for fundraising and planning to bring students to ITF for the first time. Our hearts go out to all the students who are losing their spring shows and one-act competitions.

The second round of selections for main stage shows will be announced in April no matter what. Doing research on these shows with all your students is a wonderful idea.

We hope that ITF can take place as planned. As part of our planning, we are also exploring options to participate in the International Thespian Festival online. We will continue to monitor developments regarding COVID-19, as school districts restrict travel and local and state governments make difficult decisions to protect the health and well-being of citizens. Please continue to check our website for updates.

Allison Dolan
    Chief Content Officer
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 3.  RE: Will the International Thespian Festival still happen?

Posted 03-27-2020 14:35
    So exciting! Does that mean the mainstage performances will be livestreamed?

Becca Lillias