Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  One Act Cuttings

Posted 09-12-2016 08:04
    Greetings!  I am so excited to be part of this group of HS theater folks!  Forever, I thought I was alone in the struggles and joys of doing HS theater. We all certainly know the ups and downs!

I am looking for a couple cuttings for this year's one act.  I am wondering if anyone has done either The Caucasian Chalk Circle or Children of a Lesser God. Both, awesome scripts and difficult to cut.

I did Elephant's Graveyard last year and had GREAT success with it!

I would appreciate any help!

Peter
    Duluth Minnesota

Confidentiality Notice: This E-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

• 2.  RE: One Act Cuttings

Posted 09-12-2016 13:04

Best to talk to the license holders, and see if you can get the permission to cut them first. Some publishers may have cut versions or one act versions.

Otherwise, I'm sure someone on here probably has knowledge of a cut version (their own), but just wanted to throw out the legal issue for you to consider. :)

------------------------------
    Phillip Goodchild
    Theatre Arts Instructor/Assistant Department Head of English
    Ruskin FL