Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Two person one acts needed

Posted 08-27-2018 13:33
    Our school (small private Christian) is starting a speech/drama class and the teacher needs to get her hands on good two person one acts or short scenes for the class. Does anyone have a good resource to find these or any recommendations of one acts to use? Also if you know of any royalty free one acts that would be awesome too because with a small
    School comes a small budget. Thanks in advance for your help!!
    --
    Lisa Singleterry
    Portland Christian Schools
    Elementary Music & Band Teacher
    High School Drama Director
    Masters of Arts in Teaching

• 2.  RE: Two person one acts needed

Posted 08-28-2018 03:26
    A one-act called Where Have All the Lightning Bugs gone-a guy and a girl-has stayed with me for 40 years, since I saw it in high school. Two lovely parts. (I think. I was 15.)

Burgess Clark's Down Came the Rain about two brothers was a high school hit when Dramatics published it a long time ago.

And I've been told a bunch of times that Robert Patrick's Camera Obscura is pretty great. Two lovers in the future speaking across great distance-with a time delay. (Caveat: the person who's told me it's great is Robert Patrick, but I believe him.)

------------------------------
    Stephen Gregg
    Playwright
    Venice CA

• 3.  RE: Two person one acts needed

Posted 08-28-2018 11:57

I'd check out Theatrefolk.  They have great age specific plays that students, teachers, and parents love.  And they're always adding new material.

Bob Fowler

Interactive Educational Video, LLC

• 4.  RE: Two person one acts needed

Posted 08-30-2018 09:18
    The Ultimate Scene and Monologue Sourcebook by Ed Hooks. You just look for a scene break down that you are looking for and it points you to a play, including a synopsis.

Brandon Kalbaugh
    Theatre Arts Director
    Broad Run High School
    Ashburn VA

• 5.  RE: Two person one acts needed

Posted 08-31-2018 09:03

Look at Box and Cox.  It's three people, but still amazingly funny.

Break a leg and may all your theatre seats be filled.

Kelly M. Thomas

Department of Theatre

Dr. Ralph H. Poteet High School

3300 Poteet Drive

Mesquite, Texas 75150

972-882-5300

Kthomas@mesquiteisd.org

• 6.  RE: Two person one acts needed

Posted 08-30-2018 10:39
    "Why Do We Laugh?" by Stephen Gregg is technically an 8-person show, but only have 2 characters. That might be usable?

Heather Cribbs
    Theatre Director
    New Smyrna Beach High School
    New Smyrna Beach, FL

• 7.  RE: Two person one acts needed

Posted 09-03-2018 09:27
    if you're looking for a Christian focus, you might want to Google the works of Gilette Elvgren. (His father was a famous painter of pin-up girls in the '40's, so you might want to Google him as a playwright.) He has some wonderfully funny and moving collections of monologues based on Biblical characters: Voices From the Bible. These can be performed in combination. There is also a 2-character play from which you could take some scenes: Brendan's Journey. And another play which can has doable scenes for 2 characters is Screwtapes Rewired based on C. S. Lewis.

Jean Klein
    [Playwright/Founder HaveScripts/BlueMoonPlays]
    Virginia Beach VA