Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Attendance app

Posted 11-14-2018 18:58
    i would really like to not be in charge of attendance. Any ideas on how to streamline this process with an app?

------------------------------
    Bernadette MacLeod
    Charlotte NC

• 2.  RE: Attendance app

Posted 11-18-2018 10:25
    I have used timeclockfree.com before.  The students learn to clock in and clock out like it's their job.  They can access it on their phone, but I typically have an old iPad or computer set up somewhere that everyone uses.  It wasn't something I loved, but it was the best I could find.  Might be worth a look.

If you find something better, please share :)

Greg Franklin
    Denver NC

• 3.  RE: Attendance app

Posted 11-19-2018 09:30
    I love our system. I have a qr code laminated and taped to the outside door of wherever we are rehearsing that day. It brings up a Google Form, and kids only have to put their name in the form field. Kids must sign in AND out or they get no credit for being at the rehearsal, even if I’m 100% positive that they were there. The form will create a spreadsheet that updates every time someone fills out the form. All I have to do is sort the day’s data alphabetically and scan the time stamped hours for 1) did they sign both in and out) and 2) Do their hours match when they were supposed to be there. I have had a few instances of students who forgot to sign out and then decided that they could just sign out at home, hours later, because they saved the link on their phones. However, because of the time stamp, I can see when they do that and I do not give credit. Simple, and the only cost was the 6 cents it took me to laminate.