Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  High school curriculum for online/hybrid learning

Posted 07-23-2020 12:33
    (Please forgive me if this question is redundant. I searched and did not find what I was looking for.)
    Has anyone created or come across a high school theatre curriculum that is easily modified for distance learning and hybrid models? There has already been a lot of back and forth about how we will be teaching, and I know it will continue to change. Having lost my husband in the spring and laying him to rest this weekend, I am not in the mind space to re-create the wheel. Thank you in advance.

------------------------------
    Shanda Bonn
    Theatre Teacher
    Simi Valley CA

• 2.  RE: High school curriculum for online/hybrid learning

Posted 07-24-2020 12:12

Shanda,
    Questions about Theatre curriculum distance/hybrid/virtual or whatever we call it will ever be redundant.
    There are resources right here at schooltheatre.org 
    The combined wisdom and support by other Theatre teachers is also of great encouragement and comfort.

Big shout out to Theatrefolk.com
    lots of resources specific to hybrid/distance/virtual Theatre curriculum Drama Teacher Academy
    https://www.theatrefolk.com
    I hope you find some resources to allow you some time for yourself. Keeping you in my heart and head.
    Sara Weeks

Sara Weeks
    Theatre Faculty
    Ursuline Academy of Dallas
    Dallas TX

• 3.  RE: High school curriculum for online/hybrid learning

Posted 07-24-2020 12:15
    Ugh, NEVER be redundant.
    So sorry for typo without a heart!
    Sara Weeks

Sara Weeks
    Theatre Faculty
    Ursuline Academy of Dallas
    Dallas TX

• 4.  RE: High school curriculum for online/hybrid learning

Posted 07-24-2020 19:27
    DTA through Theater Folk is putting together distance learning curriculum. It is a subscription, but my district pays for it, at least before the school closures. They also taped a webinar on opening back up and distance learning. 
    --

Amy Sando,
    Douglas High School Drama
    782-5136

"You've got to paint the picture and then walk into it. And if you ever find you can't paint the picture, just don't walk."