Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  EDUCATIONAL TRIPS TO NY

Posted 05-05-2017 12:56
    Does anyone have a preferred company they use to organize a student trip to NY? My students have been asking for a few years and I have no idea what company to go with or where to start!

Interested to hear your thoughts.

------------------------------
    Laura Nugent
    Shreveport LA

• 2.  RE: EDUCATIONAL TRIPS TO NY

Posted 05-05-2017 15:00
    Junior Tours is very well regarded. A friend of mine has used them and raves about the service she's gotten.

RaMina Mirmortazavi
    Deer Park High School

• 3.  RE: EDUCATIONAL TRIPS TO NY

Posted 05-05-2017 15:13
    Good afternoon Laura,

We are going to New York on May 31st for the second time in the last three years.  The first company we used (ProMusica) was okay.  This time around we went with Junior Tours (Steve Hayet is our contact) and they have been simply phenomenal to work with.  They've handled everything exceptionally well and put together a very theatre focused tour package for us.  We're going to see Kinky Boots and Glass Menagerie, several site seeing stops, and a whole lot of theater related classes.

If you would like more details, feel free to shoot me an email directly: theatreartsteach@gmail.com

Good luck on planning your trip,
    Aaron

--
    A. W. Miller
    Theatre Arts Director
    I.T.S. Troupe #1523 Director

Private Acting Lessons from Dramedy Acting

All Things Zombie: Original T-Shirts, Games, Movies, and More!

Read: The Sad Man by A. W. Miller

• 4.  RE: EDUCATIONAL TRIPS TO NY

Posted 05-06-2017 03:38
    This next year will be the first time I'm taking my 9 - 12th graders to NYC and I chose to go through EF Explore America.  They had the best deal I could find, great price, great tour, and TONS of benefits too.  It's the "Broadway and the Arts" tour: EF Explore America | New York City Student Tours.  I've been working closely with one of their agents there and if you want to talk more, email me.  :)  Hope this helps.
    Efexploreamerica remove preview
    EF Explore America | New York City Student Tours
    There's nothing like the bright lights of Broadway and Times Square! Get immersed in the arts while attending two Broadway shows and touring Lincoln Center. Plus, your students will take center stage in an improv workshop led by a professional actor.
    View this on Efexploreamerica >

Jere Van Patten
    Mountain View High School
    Mesa, AZ

• 5.  RE: EDUCATIONAL TRIPS TO NY

Posted 05-06-2017 04:07
    I took our seniors to NY over spring break this year and used ProMusica. They were amazing. I had never planned a trip of this magnitude before, and my representative was there for me every step of the way. We saw 4 shows (Dear Evan Hansen, Come From Away, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Spamilton), took 2 classes, one that I specifically requested and 1 that ended up being Guest taught by a cast member from Come From Away. Did a Radio City backstage tour, a walking tour of the Times Square theatres, etc. We did all of the touristy stuff, too, but also were able to have some time to do our own NY "bucket list" things, too. 

I HIGHLY recommend them.

Jodi Disario
    Director of Drama
    San Jose CA

• 6.  RE: EDUCATIONAL TRIPS TO NY

Posted 05-08-2017 08:04
    Manhattan Tour and Travel is FANTASTIC!

Traveled with 30 and we stayed right in the heart of things in the Theater District. VERY organized and our tour guide was a working actor who was great with my students. I cannot recommend them enough!

Leslie Summer
    Teacher / Director of Theater
    Bogart GA