Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Chicago HS Version

Posted 01-02-2020 07:58
    I will be doing Chicago HS version one May.  Has anyone used a live orchestra?  If so, how many and what instruments did you use?   Did you use all listed?

• 2.  RE: Chicago HS Version

Posted 01-03-2020 15:56
    we JUST did this show in November, had our orchestra on stage (it was a lot of planning as they were on the upper level of our set) and we had 23 total (I think that included the pit conductor. I'd have to double check what was used, but I do know we had several students double up on playing instruments so that everything was covered. 
    Great show, tons of fun.

------------------------------
    Aimee Evans
    Technical Director
    Lincolnshire IL

• 3.  RE: Chicago HS Version

Posted 01-07-2020 13:16
    Aimee,

How was the material? We have thought about doing the production but was unsure as to what was cut/not cut.

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 4.  RE: Chicago HS Version

Posted 01-03-2020 23:01
    Hi, Robyn. Like Aimee, our band was on the upper level of our set. Though, we only had 6 total - one man doing all drums and percussion, one on piano (who was also the conductor,) one on woodwinds, one on trumpet, one on trombone, and one on bass. It sounded great! And I was able to block up there for some of the announcer bits, Mary Sunshine, and the hanging. It was probably the most fun I've had on a show. Enjoy!

Taylor Horne
    Upper School Theatre Director
    Jacksonville FL