Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  As You Like It script

Posted 05-12-2019 10:40
    Hey all,
    My school switched up the order of shoes for next year and I've got a tiny window to prep for As You Like It.  I can cut it but I'm travelling a lot this summer and if anyone has a good version to get me started,  that would be awesome.
    Thanks in advance!!

• 2.  RE: As You Like It script

Posted 05-13-2019 11:39
    Look at the Richard Carter version (Community Shakespeare Company).  He cuts them down to about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes, but retains the characters, the language and all of the plot lines.  We've done three of them so far.  The teens love them.

------------------------------
    Kathy Siler
    Theatre Educator
    Payson Unified Schools
    Payson AZ

• 3.  RE: As You Like It script

Posted 05-14-2019 08:03
    Good morning!  I made a cut script when I did this a few years ago -- I included a right hand column with some of the trickiest bits "translated" for the kids as they worked with it, but we performed the left hand original language.  It worked pretty well.  I can't remember what the run time ended up being -- under 2 hours though.  

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see a way to attach a Word document here -- if you'd like to take a look, feel free to email me and I'll send it over!
    josie.tierney-fife@gorhamschools.org

Josie Tierney-Fife
    English Teacher/Theater Director
    Gorham, Maine