Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Children's Play for First Graders

Posted 02-14-2016 16:46

I'm looking for a children's play that would be good for an audience of first graders.  Something colorful and imaginative and fun!

Any suggestions?

------------------------------
    Linda Button
    Theatre Teacher
    Springdale High School
    Springdale AR

• 2.  RE: Children's Play for First Graders

Posted 02-15-2016 10:47

"Aesop's (Oh So Slightly) Updated Fables” by Kim Esop-Wylie from Samuel French was such a hit that I did it again ten years later. It has a few of the fables written very humorously. The characters often talk to the audience.  (My students performed it in 3/4 surround.) Each actor can play a number of the roles, so it can fit a varied size cast.  Also the plays of Brian Way through Samuel French are big on audience participation.

Valerie Gargus
    Mt. Laurel NJ

• 3.  RE: Children's Play for First Graders

Posted 02-16-2016 13:40

Get Hoppin' published by Hal Leonard is a cute one with a good message.

Gale Caswell
    La Canada CA

• 4.  RE: Children's Play for First Graders

Posted 02-16-2016 09:11

Our middle school actors are preparing to present "The Lion Who Roared", a delightful fable about a lion who bothers all the other jungle animals with his inconsiderate roaring, until they join together to outwit him. Large, flexible cast. Minimal set.   This script is clever and witty enough for the middle school students to enjoy the humor, and entertaining enough for the first graders to enjoy the action.

Find it in a collection by Colleen Neuman, "THREEE, three one-act plays". Publisher, Samuel French.

Darlene Shaw
    Drama Coach
    LaGrange GA