Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  online ticketing

Posted 04-30-2018 09:29
    We're thinking of moving to online ticketing next year. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any websites you've used that you really like and would recommend? Thanks.

------------------------------
    Joanna Henry
    Alexandria VA

• 2.  RE: online ticketing

Posted 04-30-2018 10:31

We use Universe as our online box office management tool because they have non-profit pricing which makes transaction fees much cheaper than other vendors. You can also select whether you as the organization wants to absorb the transaction fee or pass it on to the buyer. We pass it on to the buyer because people are used to ticketing fees on sites like TicketMaster. We also use Universe whenever we need to collect money, even if it is a $10 t-shirt. We found that for some families this was just the easiest thing to do, and the reporting features of Universe are really, really great. You can add any number of check-out questions, like for our upcoming banquet they can select meals options: vegetarian, gluten-free, chicken, etc. We like to throw in the question, "How did you hear about us?"

For our door and in-person sales, we will print off tickets from Universe on different colors of paper for different performances. 

It has many of the features you will find on other ticketing software, but I would highly recommend it as their customer service is fantastic. 

Jessica Harms
    Theatre Director
    Acton MA

• 3.  RE: online ticketing

Posted 04-30-2018 12:35
    We have been using Brown Paper Tickets for years with no major growing pains.

I have a meeting after school today with a local company that wants to pitch their services to us. Since I am already happy with my current vendor, it will be hard for them to make me a new client.

Only time will tell!

Mark A. Zimmerman,

Theatre Director
    Akron School for the Arts
    Firestone Community Learning Center
    470 Castle Blvd
    Akron, Ohio 44313

Troupe 5570

mzimmerm@apslearn.org

• 4.  RE: online ticketing

Posted 05-01-2018 06:27
    We use booktix which operates out of New Jersey. I met the owners two years ago at a theater conference in Boston. They're Rutgers grads who just happened to go through their undergrad program with one of my former students from Rhode Island. I've been happy with the decision, good customer service, and prompt delivery of ticket revenue.

Nancy Vitulli

• 5.  RE: online ticketing

Posted 05-01-2018 08:23
    We have been using ArtsPeople (formerly ticket turtle) for the last 7 years for all 3 of our shows. we have had little to no problem with the company. Their customer service is very good. Having the online ticketing takes the pressure off of the team with having to fulfill the orders by hand. The program is easy to use and can accomodate exchanges, refunds, donations, comps, season passes, and many other options. Highly recommend!!

James Fry
    Director of Student Life and the Malvern Theatre Society
    Malvern, PA

• 6.  RE: online ticketing

Posted 05-07-2018 18:17
    We use Booktix. I was worried when we switched over but the program is so easy to understand and their help desk is amazing. Good luck!
    Carolyn

---------------------------------
    Carolyn Little
    High School English Teacher
    Toms River Board of Education
    Beachwood NJ
    ---------------------------------