Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Environment/Ecology Themed One Acts?

Posted 01-23-2020 14:02
    Does anyone have suggestions for school appropriate one act plays relating to the themes of ecology, environment, climate change etc. to perform as part of a week long climate change event at our middle school?
    Looking forward to reading your recommendations!

------------------------------
    Gina Montet
    Miami FL

• 2.  RE: Environment/Ecology Themed One Acts?

Posted 01-24-2020 11:05
    Hi Gina: Check out my original musical Seeds of Change on my website: https://www.lojosimon.com/seedsofchange. It's a story inspired by The Tempest that covers basic math, environmental science, ocean plastic and mostly, how we can change our behavior to care for the planet. It has seven roles, but with doubling, can tour with two actors, and works well for young audiences in elementary and middle school. I'm happy to share a perusal copy of the script, at your request. Thanks!

--

Lojo Simon
    (858) 349-4582
    Play Archive: NPX

• 3.  RE: Environment/Ecology Themed One Acts?

Posted 01-24-2020 21:19
    There is a play about Polar Bears.....I am blanking on the title, I will check on Monday. It is about a polar bear who comes to La I think.  There is also a place about searching for Polar Bears.  Again, title on Monday. That one is post apocoliptic.  Well written
      The plays magazine had several plays on this theme. Plays are simple but fun.

Cathy Archer
    Rutland VT

• 4.  RE: Environment/Ecology Themed One Acts?

Posted 01-25-2020 15:44
    You might be thinking of Rumors of Polar Bears by Jonathan Dorf.
    Here's the one-act version:

• 5.  RE: Environment/Ecology Themed One Acts?

Posted 01-25-2020 17:45
    Also, there's this one, that might be a good one for younger groups. You know those huge islands of floating plastic & garbage that are out in the ocean? That's where this play takes place.

• 6.  RE: Environment/Ecology Themed One Acts?

Posted 01-27-2020 12:22
    Wonderful suggestions!
    Thank you so much!

Gina Montet
    Miami FL