Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Alice in Wonderland- Turner or Netzel?

Posted 05-02-2014 07:09
    Has anyone directed or have any opinion on Alice in Wonderland (Turner) - Samuel French or Alice in Wonderland (Netzel) - Dramatic Publishing?  I'm looking for an upbeat Alice, love the Alice Jr. by MTI but my high school students wouldn't want to do a Jr. show.

-------------------------------------------
    Sonja Hansen sonjah@fuse.net
    Artistic Director and Choreographer
    www.choreographybysonja.com
    Loveland OH

• 2.  RE:Alice in Wonderland- Turner or Netzel?

Posted 05-02-2014 08:10

Sonja- Just a thought....my high school kids LOVE the Jr. Shows as an outreach for children.  They are perfect for Student Directed productions and the elementary teachers love bringing their kids to see them.  I have my kids create "cross curricular" packets for the elementary teachers and we talk about theatre for youth.  Most of my kids did the Jr. Shows in Middle School and they feel very nostalgic about them. Just my two cents.

MHE

Mary Hayes Ernst
    Drama Teacher/Director
    Forsyth County Schools
    Ball Ground GA

• 3.  RE:Alice in Wonderland- Turner or Netzel?

Posted 05-03-2014 14:30
    Mary,  Thanks for mentioning outreach for children.  Sometimes high school students forget who their audience is, including younger siblings and kids in elementary school who have read about the shows.  It is alright to stretch their repertoire, but having the occasional show for a younger audience is a service to the community.

Vicki Bartholomew
    Playwright
    Sherwood OR

• 4.  RE:Alice in Wonderland- Turner or Netzel?

Posted 05-02-2014 10:35
    Have you looked at Pioneer's version by Willard Simms?  I did it with my high school cast last year and got rave reviews.  

Elizabeth Phillips
    teacher/director
    Memphis Community Schools
    Memphis MI