Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  "Hope and Heartache Diner" Diners double casting breakdown

Posted 01-17-2019 10:30
    Has anyone performed "The Hope and Heartache Diner"?  I'm interested in how you did your <g class="gr_ gr_64 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" id="64" data-gr-id="64">diner</g>/ensemble casting.  For example<g class="gr_ gr_337 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style replaceWithoutSep" id="337" data-gr-id="337">,</g><g class="gr_ gr_337 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Style replaceWithoutSep" id="337" data-gr-id="337">Person</g> #1 plays Chopper, and also plays Eric and Hamil and Falcon, etc..... does anyone have a breakdown of how they divided up the diner/customer/worker parts?

------------------------------
    Brandy Brewer
    Teacher
    Jonesboro AR

• 2.  RE: "Hope and Heartache Diner" Diners double casting breakdown

Posted 01-18-2019 05:58
    Hi, Brandy!

We premiered The Hope and Heartache Diner three years ago! and I LOVE this show.  I'd be happy to look up our cast list and how we handled roles for you.  I assume you are producing the full length show?  We did both the full and one-act version and the one-act is where we ended up doing some real doubling.  We went so far as having the Grandparents play roles in flashbacks and even our Felix (who was male) played Donnie in the Home Fries scene.  It was fun to watch them all take on other roles.  We even had the grandmother play Nell.  Lindsay Price added a few lines about the fact that Nell looked a lot like the grandmother, that was a hit with the audience.  

I will have to do some searching, but when I find it, I will send you the break down!  I hope you have great success with this show.  We loved creating or own Duke's Diner and I know you will too!

Carolyn Greer
    Owensboro KY

• 3.  RE: "Hope and Heartache Diner" Diners double casting breakdown

Posted 01-18-2019 06:25
    It was easier to find than I thought it would be, so here you go!  Scroll down to find the small cast one-act version!

I hope this helps and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me:  carolyn.greer@owensboro.kyschools.us 

Full Length:
    Stew/Liam/Falcon
    Lost/Avery
    Donnie
    Maude/Rebecca
    Annabell
    Ms. Bronstein
    Chopper/Cooper
    Jelly/Amber
    Shrug/Brenda
    Sunny/Ashley
    BLT/Dean
    Raine/Shannon
    Ms. Gillman/Jaena
    Hamil/Eric
    Ladybug/Paula
    Milo
    Rat
    Mission
    Sam
    Wiki
    Felix, Sr
    Nell
    Betty
    Loo
    Earl
    Felix

One-Act
    Felix/Donnie
    Betty/Nell
    Earl
    Rat
    Felix, Sr./Mr. Bronstein (we cut Maude and used Bronstein to complain about the gravy.)
    Sam
    Hamil
    Loo
    Wiki/Rebecca

Carolyn Greer
    Owensboro KY

• 4.  RE: "Hope and Heartache Diner" Diners double casting breakdown

Posted 01-22-2019 10:07
    Thank you SO MUCH!!!