Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Christmas shows

Posted 07-16-2019 17:45
    Does anyone have suggestions for a Christmas show or something appropriate to right before Christmas that's not cheesy but can be enjoyed by many? Something unique and not the obvious "A Christmas Carol." This needs to be a play and not a musical but can have minor singing in it. Unfortunately, I'm also limited on guys, perhaps only 3 or 4. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Eleni Fragopoulos
    Theatre/English Teacher
    Stone Memorial High School
    http://smhspanthers.k12tn.net/
    (931)484-5767
    efragopoulos@ccschools.k12tn.net  

• 2.  RE: Christmas shows

Posted 07-17-2019 04:50
    Last Christmas I worked on a fun and funny show called Ho, Oh, No! A Christmas Show!
    It has 3 men and 4 women. 
    It's a backstage farce about a Dinner Theatre rehearsing and performing a Christmas musical revue. It's kind of Holiday themed Noises Off.  There are 5 short original funny Christmas Carols. 
    Email me at casting@pcpa.org if you'd like more info. 
    Erik

------------------------------
    Erik Stein
    Recruitment Coordinator
    PCPA Pacific Conservatory Theatre
    Santa Maria CA

• 3.  RE: Christmas shows

Posted 07-17-2019 10:35
    A few years ago I did the Donald Margulies play A Coney Island Christmas.

It was originally commissioned by the Geffen Playhouse in LA, and is a great story about a Jewish girl who is cast as Jesus in her school Christmas play, and the tensions that creates within her family. 

We have a large segment of our community who does not celebrate Christmas, and this play was a great choice for a diverse population.

Krista Carson Elhai
    CA Educational Theatre Association, Past President
    CA Thespians Director of Membership & New Teacher Outreach
    Theatre Chair Claremont HS
    An International Baccalaureate World School
    Claremont CA

• 4.  RE: Christmas shows

Posted 07-17-2019 18:59
    Miss Bennett: Christmas at Pemberley by Lauren Gunderson is GREAT.  It's an intelligent, fun romantic comedy that my students and audience loved!!  It's a story for Mary Bennett -- the studious daughter who gets little airtime in Pride and Prejudice.  One doesn't need to know the original book in order to love this story.

Kimberly Taylor
    Oakland CA