Open Forum

View Only

Theatre textbooks ebook pdf versions?

• 1.  Theatre textbooks ebook pdf versions?

Posted 08-24-2020 15:10
    Please reply with any direct links to high school theatre textbooks in ebook/pdf/doc/cd format. Thank you!

------------------------------
    Amy

• 2.  RE: Theatre textbooks ebook pdf versions?

Posted 08-25-2020 12:35
    Amy,

I'm please to tell you that Pioneer Drama Service has TWO texts appropriate for high school that are available electronically.

1. The best-selling Introduction to Theatre Arts, volume 1 is out with a brand new second edition. The Student Workbook is just that, a consumable, 230-page workbook, available either as a PDF or in a paper format, three-hole punch and ready to drop into a binder. A complete Teacher's Guide for this is also available. 
    https://www.pioneerdrama.com/SearchDetail.asp?pc=INTROTHEA2&id=0

2.  Everything About Theatre is a more traditional textbook, broadly adopted by districts all over the country, perfect for the high school level introductory theatre class. Electronically, it is available as a PDF with a two-year licensing agreement for a classroom set of up to 30 books. The Teacher's Resource is not a teacher's guide, per se, but includes quizzes and tests (and keys!) for ALL 18 units.  https://www.pioneerdrama.com/SearchDetail.asp?pc=EVERYTHING&id=5

Please contact Pioneer Drama Service at 800-333-7262 or Books@PioneerDrama.com for more details on these electronic classroom sets.

Debra Fendrich
    Executive Editor
    Debra@pioneerdrama.com

• 3.  RE: Theatre textbooks ebook pdf versions?

Posted 08-27-2020 14:00
    Is there a way for me to just purchase 1 Introduction to Theatre Arts Student Workbook in PDF format? It keeps saying I have to purchase 25.

Amy Chagnon
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    san diego CA

• 4.  RE: Theatre textbooks ebook pdf versions?

Posted 08-25-2020 13:14

Amy, 

Are these for students to use, or for your own reference? 

Are you looking to purchase them for your classes, or are you looking for texts that are accessible for free? 

You can read texts like Fran Everett Tanner's Basic Drama Projects on Internet Archive -  they have a 1-hour loan available. There are other theatre textbooks available on Internet Archive for a 14-day loan; many are out-of-print. It helps to have specific titles to search for. 

Pioneer Drama Service has Suzi Zimmerman's Introduction to Theatre Arts available in PDF.  The student text is a consumable (I don't know if the PDF version is digitally editable though) and it's pretty affordable. You have to buy a class set of 25 if you want the PDF version. 

There's a college textbook on University of Minnesota's Open Textbook Library titled Theatrical Worlds that is downloadable as a PDF with an "Attribution-NonCommerical-No Derivatives" Creative Commons license. I haven't read this one, so I can't attest to its usefulness for high school. 

Janine Buesgen
    Founder and Content Creator
    CreativeDrama.com
    Ambler PA

• 5.  RE: Theatre textbooks ebook pdf versions?

Posted 08-26-2020 10:31
    Check out RAISING THE CURTAIN www.perfectionlearning.com
    And THE STUDENT ACTOR PREPARES www.intellectbooks.com; e-book available

Gai Laing Jones
    www.gaijones.com

• 6.  RE: Theatre textbooks ebook pdf versions?

Posted 08-27-2020 13:56
    Thank you! Your book got me through my first year teaching 13 years ago! Do you have Raising the Curtain in pdf or cd-rom format?

Amy Chagnon
    san diego CA

• 7.  RE: Theatre textbooks ebook pdf versions?

Posted 08-27-2020 14:01
    Thank you!

Amy Chagnon
    san diego CA

• 8.  RE: Theatre textbooks ebook pdf versions?

Posted 08-26-2020 10:00
    For theatre teachers, Real-World Theatre Education is available in .pdf form. Its focus is all that lurks beyond lesson plans: dealing with paperwork, school politics and production problems.
    Just coming out as an eBook is Teaching Tech You Never Learned which provides the basics (w lesson plans and tests) for lighting, set design, sound, props, costumes and makeup. At the moment, it's a .docx MSWord file, on its way to .pdf. Each section is small enough to consume even with a full schedule of classes, Zoom and wine.

Douglas "Chip" Rome
    Theatre Consultant
    Educational Stages
    Burke VA
    http://bit.ly/EdStages
    http://bit.ly/RWTEOview

• 9.  RE: Theatre textbooks ebook pdf versions?

Posted 08-26-2020 12:29
    Douglas, I am interested in the Teaching Tech material, but the link did not yield the desired result for me. Do you mind sharing that again a different way?

Rosemary M. Milsap
    Cedar Shoals HS
    Director, Cedar Theatre
    milsapr@clarke.k12.ga.us
    706-546-5375 ext.21321

• 10.  RE: Theatre textbooks ebook pdf versions?

Posted 08-27-2020 14:02
    Thank you!

Amy Chagnon
    san diego CA

• 11.  RE: Theatre textbooks ebook pdf versions?

Posted 09-06-2022 14:51
      Can I just purchase one Introduction to Theatre Arts Student Workbook in this PDF format? There is a message that says I have to purchase 25.  

Blue strain