Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Addams Family Makeup

Posted 02-05-2021 09:16
    Hello All!
    I'm looking into Makeup for the Addams Family for the ancestors. What did you purchase for your club to use? I have to purchase a bunch because, obviously, they can't and shouldn't be sharing makeup. 
    If you can send links, that would be great! My school does not have any issues with purchasing from non approved vendors as we're allowed to purchase from where ever we want so we're not glued to Norcostco ( unless they have the best prices). 
    Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Cori Bott
    Drama Advisor/ Theatre Director
    Jackson Memorial High School

• 2.  RE: Addams Family Makeup

Posted 02-09-2021 22:50
    We're not "glued' to Norcostco for our makeup either.  However, we've found they seem to have one of the best inventories for stage makeup.  Would you believe our production of THE ADDAMS FAMILY got cancelled less than a week before opening last March due to the pandemic.  We're got lots of gray foundation on hand now!

Steve Halper
    Theatre Assistant
    Salpointe Catholic High School
    Tucson, AZ

• 3.  RE: Addams Family Makeup

Posted 02-10-2021 10:16
    Hello- We did the show several years back and bought Mehron Paradise AQ makeup since it is water based.  We bought most of it off of Amazon rather than the more expensive places.  Another thing we did is for the lower cut or short sleeve costumes where we needed more makeup we actually used Acrylic white paint and an air brush sprayer to paint the students.  You would need to create a ventilated booth to paint them but we had 3 sprayers going and painted all the ancestors that way.  They rotated from doing their bodies by sprayer to doing their face makeup with the AQ makeup.

Andrew Fisher
    Theatre/Video
    Cañon City HS Tiger Theatre