Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Animations for MATILDA

Posted 03-04-2020 16:14
     We need to purchase a complete animation package for the MATILDA animations.  Saw a company on line called DRAKKADON Theatrical Design. Has anyone used their products?  
    Or, do you have a suggestion for other animation packages to purchase?
    We can probably make the stop-motion escapologist scene, but need to find the others ASAP.

Thanks for your suggestions!!!

Jolaine Orlin
    Speech and Theatre 
    Glenbard North High School
    630-653-7000

• 2.  RE: Animations for MATILDA

Posted 03-05-2020 11:06
    We have used Theatre Ave (www.theatreave.com) and Rick Frendt (www.rickfrendt.com) for projections before and have been very happy.  Of course, MTI promote the BMD projection set (http://broadwaymediadistribution.com/roald-dahls-matilda-scenic-projections/).

I've never heard of DRAKKADON nor can I find them on line ???

Instead of the stop-motion animated scene, we had the actors perform a dance routine that told the story.

------------------------------
    Robert Forbes
    Managing Director
    Mountain Dream Productions
    Victoria BC

• 3.  RE: Animations for MATILDA

Posted 06-03-2021 12:47
    Hi! 

I am sorry that I am just seeing this message now, and it's probably of no help for your show at this point, But I am the owner and designer of DAKKADON.com, which I think is the website you were referring to. I have made animations for both Matilda and Matilda JR, and expanded on scenic projections available as well. I recently worked with a few schools on customizing the artwork to fit their specific needs, and I am happy to answer any questions or requests! Email me anytime at Dak@dakkadon.com

I hope your show went great!!

Dak Mannella