Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Tracking work hours

Posted 10-27-2017 01:16
    Greetings All, 

So in my program it's very important to track after school hours (community service hours, my interns, my class requirements, school requirements, Thespians, and the CTE componet for work simulation) and currently we do everything by hand and the crew heads take the time cards every two weeks and virtualize them but it's getting to the point where I have a lot of kids and the time cards for the crews keep getting larger and larger. So I'm curious if anyone know a good virtual tracking system for work hours? I know our Ag has an FFA program they use as a timecard from the organization and it works well but I'm not sure what we have. The idea would be they enter their school I'd or something and it clocks them in and then they can clock out. Any ideas??

------------------------------
    Joseph Ellison
    Theatre Director
    Rio Rico AZ

• 2.  RE: Tracking work hours

Posted 10-27-2017 16:12
    I'd recommend using the HoursTracker app. You can install it on an iPad or an iPhone, and then add student's names as "jobs." When they want to clock in, all they need to do is click on their name, click "Clock In Now," and then get to work. Before they leave, they just click on their name, click "Clock Out Now," and their hours save to your device. If you click on "View Job Details," you can see how many hours they've worked and on what dates.

Victoria Chatfield
    Executive Director
    National Theatre for Student Artists
    www.nationalstudenttheatre.org
    vchatfield@nationalstudenttheatre.org