Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  How do I word these ranks?

Posted 05-08-2018 12:51
    We got the idea to put Thespian honors in our program in the kids' bios from an EdTA rep at our state festival.  We're doing it for the first time and I'm stuck on a couple.

It's easy to pair the scholar thespian ranks with Thespian or Honor Thespian - Vice President's List Scholar Honor Thespian has a great sound!

But what about a kid who is a Vice President's List Scholar and a National Honor Thespian?  Vice President's List Scholar National Honor Thespian?  Is that right?

------------------------------
    Laura Steenson
    Theatre Director
    Reynolds High School
    Troutdale OR

• 2.  RE: How do I word these ranks?

Posted 05-08-2018 12:56
    I think I figured it out - National Vice President's List Scholar Honor Thespian...?

Laura Steenson
    Theatre Director
    Reynolds High School
    Troutdale OR

• 3.  RE: How do I word these ranks?

Posted 05-09-2018 08:29
    Great question, Laura. I LOVE that you want to let people know about these amazing achievements. What a great way to give recognition. You are going to take advantage of the fact that your audience will be sitting there, looking through the program before every show. Well done. That can only help your theatre program.

When we send the annual administrator report of inductees and their designations, the order is "honor rank" "scholar distinction". In your case it would be National Honor Thespian Vice President's List Scholar.

A second option for "showing off" all the accomplishments of your thespians is to use the cast list. We've created a sample and even an excel file template that you can download from the website. It has a key that will inform the audience of what "points" are in terms of hours of work and what each scholar distinction means in terms of GPA.
    It's all under Marketing and Promotion Tools on the teacher pages of the ITS website. Here's the direct link. https://www.schooltheatre.org/viewdocument/public-relations-res 

David LaFleche
    Director of Membership
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 4.  RE: How do I word these ranks?

Posted 05-09-2018 09:08

Correct.  Or vice versa National Honor's Thespian, Vice President's Scholar. 

Kelly M. Thomas

Department of Theatre

Dr. Ralph H. Poteet High School

3300 Poteet Drive

Mesquite, Texas 75150

972-882-5300

Kthomas@mesquiteisd.org