Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Elvis Has Left The Buidling

Posted 05-31-2018 14:06
    Today is my last day teaching theatre full-time. At 2:20 today I will be officially retired. 
    This forum has allowed me to vent sometimes, offer solutions that have worked for me, and to mine the amazing amount of knowledge that is out there in the theatre education community. 

I want to thank everyone for helping me and for allowing me to vent and not take offense. I'll still beat the drum of making sure you pay your royalties, don't make changes without permission, and don't do Grease.

Special thanks to Don Zolidis and Jonathan Dorf for their help. EspeciallyDon Zolidis! His scripts helped me thru many weeks of panic. 

My two favorite plays I produced here at Atherton High School: The Birds by Don Zolidis and She Kills Monsters by Qui Nguyen.

I'll still be hanging around the forum but more for enjoyment than anything else.

Andy Perry

------------------------------
    John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 2.  RE: Elvis Has Left The Buidling

Posted 06-01-2018 07:07

​Congratulations!

Thank you for your advice to me and others over the past few years.  I've seen your name pop up a lot on these feeds, and I know we all appreciate the feedback!

I, too, adore Don Zoldis, and do solemnly swear to never do Grease!

Enjoy your time!! 

Amber Hugus
    Harmony PA

• 3.  RE: Elvis Has Left The Buidling

Posted 06-01-2018 13:17
    Congratulations on your retirement!  I appreciate all the great ideas you have given me over the years.  Let us know what it's like on the "other side"!

Karen Malone
    Teacher
    Commack NY

• 4.  RE: Elvis Has Left The Buidling

Posted 06-01-2018 13:31
    ​Best of Luck!

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 5.  RE: Elvis Has Left The Buidling

Posted 06-04-2018 14:19
    Thanks so much Andy! I'm glad that my plays were helpful to you and your kids. 

I had a great time visiting you that time! (I only wish school hadn't been rained out, so I could've met your kids!)

Have a great time in retirement. 

Don

Don Zolidis
    Austin TX

• 6.  RE: Elvis Has Left The Buidling

Posted 06-05-2018 10:53

Thanks so much for the shoutout, Andy! That's very kind of you to say. Enjoy retirement, and hopefully the board can still benefit from your wisdom from time to time (when you're not off doing more interesting things!).

Cheers,
    Jonathan

Jonathan Dorf
    Playwright/ Co-founder of YouthPLAYS/ Co-chair of The Alliance Of Los Angeles Playwrights
    Los Angeles CA